Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Adult Program and Outreach (71101)
Director of Adult Program and Outreach (71101)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Pratt Institute is a top-ranked college with opportunities in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and sciences, and information studies, Pratt offers nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The Institute's impact expands beyond its 25-acre residential campus in Brooklyn to cutting-edge facilities throughout the borough, a landmark building and public gallery in Manhattan, as well as an extension campus, PrattMWP College of Art and Design in Utica, New York. Since its founding in 1887, Pratt has prioritized diversity and inclusion, welcoming students from all walks of life while developing and sustaining pathways to more equitable workplaces and careers.
Today, Pratt and its exceptional faculty pride themselves on being academically excellent as well as adaptable to both in-person and online learning. Pratt students are part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary, research- and inquiry-based education that prepares them for success in creative fields and professional practice, with the goal of contributing to a fairer, more sustainable world. With a long-held commitment to the communities of New York, Pratt partners locally through the Pratt Center for Community Development to work for a more just city. The Institute also offers a variety of programs for local pre-college and continuing education students in the Center for Art, Design, and Community Engagement K-12 and the School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
The value of a Pratt education is evident in its graduates' diverse and thriving careers, where their designs, art, work, and environments have reimagined our world. In over 75 countries across the globe, Pratt's 61,000 alumni are advancing the creative economy and making a positive impact through their remarkable work and research.
Pratt Institute: Academic: School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Pratt Institute's School of Continuing and Professional Studies serves those seeking professional education in the fields of art, design, and architecture. We are committed to providing a hub where interactive learning, innovation, and creative solutions are at the core of the experience delivered to changemakers, artists, and designers of all ages.
We are currently seeking a Director of Adult Program and Outreach. This role reports to the Assistant Dean and will be responsible for planning, developing, managing, and implementing new and innovative continuing education programs. The Program Director is responsible for and assumes ownership of all elements that pertain to the success of their portfolio of programs including but not limited to those listed below.
Portfolios of programs include a mix of credit, non-credit, non-degree, custom, corporate and certificate programs with multiple learning delivery modalities (in-person, online and hybrid). Program portfolio assignments are subject to change based on departmental needs.
On a typical day you will be required to:
Revenue and Enrollment Growth
- Monitoring revenue and expenses to ensure programmatic fiscal viability and adhering to best practices and benchmarks. Minimizing expenses that are associated with a course or program.
- Identify and analyze enrollment patterns and trends to better develop strategies to support increased revenue and enrollment. Develop and maintain databases need for future development of unique and distinctive programs.
- Relationship management and development of instructors and faculty to create and foster a positive, healthy learning environment with a strong focus on DEI. Creating a sense of community among students by keeping reciprocal lines of communication clear and open on a consistent basis.
Programmatic Initiatives, Development & Implementation
- Collect and interpret data that includes competitive market analysis, student & instructor feedback, focus group input, and additional informational channels as needed to ensure creative and successful new programming directions.
- Continuous development of new and existing programs to meet the changing needs and interests of the community. Identifying opportunities to include the perspective of diverse cultures that will attract and retain diverse staff and student populations. Facilitate and contribute to new curriculum development and revising of new and existing curricula while keeping diversity always top of mind.
- Partner closely with Pratt stakeholders (faculty, directors, chairs & deans) to ensure superior curriculum quality that is consistent with Pratt institute standards.
- Support recruiting efforts with the selection of diverse, qualified candidates, and interviewing processes when recruiting instructors and faculty.
- Establish a strong network of partnerships to support the growth and success of their portfolio and establish outreach programs with appropriate business partners.
- Advise and guide students on SCPS portfolio programs.
- Actively supports the department website and marketing tactics while keeping them updated in a timely fashion.
- Branding and marketing Pratt SCPS programs by attending recruiting fairs, trade shows, and community events.
- Under the SCPS Assistant Dean's general supervision, when necessary, receives additional direction from other senior leadership staff. Receives oral and written instructions as needed. Supervises program coordinator and/or student aides.
Education: BA degree required. MA degree preferred in Education or a related field
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in continuing education required.
- Proficiency with internet research, MS Office Suite, CRM applications
- Experience with marketing programs and curriculum review
- Strategic thinking, analytical skills, excellent decision-making ability based on the application of data, metrics, and sound judgment required
- Demonstrated level of cultural competence and sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve, and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click here
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/112729
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |