The Vice Provost for Curricular Innovation and Academic Partnerships is responsible for providing specialized administrative and project support functions for the Office of the Provost. This position has primary leadership responsibilities for degree planning authority, academic program review and improvement, university accreditation and academic assessment efforts, dual credit, community college articulation, THECB field of study, ISD relationships and external partnerships. This position will work closely with other academic administrators, members of the faculty and staff and with external partners.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of new programs and changes to existing programs
- Provides leadership for development, implementation and evaluation of Independent School District partnerships, such as dual credit, 2+2+2, and curricular enhancement
- Fosters and develops community college partnerships, such as transfer articulation and field of study
- Oversees university accreditation and strategic planning, quality enhancement plan, academic assessment and academic program review processes
- Works with the University of North Texas System (UNTS) regarding legislative bill analysis and legislative inquiries
- Works closely with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) regarding academic matters
- Serves as a member of administratively-appointed academic and university-wide committees, groups, or tasks forces
- Represents the university in externally facing activities, such as with Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Authorities, and cities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties or job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of the Office of the Provost.
Received: Receives only broad strategic guidance. Assignments are in terms of developing and achieving strategic goals and objectives, aligned with office and institution strategy. Review of work is limited to accomplishment of functional and relational objectives and business plans for multiple units.
Given: The job has full management responsibility including the management of numerous teams of managers/professionals across the spectrum of different activities within a major function, planning for the teams’ future needs and operations. There is financial accountability for independent budgets and management through subordinate managers of a sizeable team of professionals.
Physical Job Requirements
While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use fingers and hands to feel, grasp, operate or handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee is required to drive to off-campus locations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices. Doctoral degree and ten (10) years of progressive leadership experience in academic administration; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The ability to have a faculty affiliation with an academic program. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required.
- Established ability in working effectively within a shared governance environment
- Academic administrative experience at a program, college, and university level
- Experience in academic budgeting and planning
- Successful background in developing strong relationships with ISDs, community colleges, regulatory agencies and/or accreditation organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment