Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director for Data & Analytics
Stevens Institute of Technology
Associate Director for Data & Analytics
The Division of Information Technology at Stevens is inviting applications for the position of Associate Director for Data & Analytics to join a team of talented colleagues to shape the data, analytics, and business intelligence landscape at Stevens. This position has responsibility and oversight for the architecture, development, support, and administration of Stevens’ enterprise data and analytics platform, and will be a key leader for institution-wide data and analytics initiatives. You will be challenged with developing and implementing the overall data strategy to provide comprehensive data analytics and business intelligence capabilities, planning and leading a data service program, contributing to shared governance and security, and improving data quality. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with representatives from academic and administrative units to determine needs for data analytics, formulate strategies, and provide solutions to meet those needs using innovative approaches and creative uses of current and emerging technologies. You will work with a team of data professionals as well as data stewards, data analysts, and data consumers across Stevens toward the common goal of using data sharing to enable business objectives and produce insights to support decision-making, performance measurements, and student success. Strong leadership, team building, project management, vendor management, and customer-centricity are key characteristics of a successful candidate for this position.
- Architecting and directing the implementation and expansion of Stevens’ next generation cloud data warehouse, predictive analytics, and business intelligence solution, including regularly assessing the technology platforms and developing recommended enhancement and optimization strategies
- Managing normal production operations, including monitoring, incident management, and problem resolution, while maintaining exceptional service delivery
- Establishing policies, standard operating procedures, and best practices related to data warehousing, reporting, analytics, and business intelligence operations to ensure data is managed, stored, and processed according to security and privacy requirements
- Evaluating overarching business needs and goals in order to formulate information availability and data analytics strategies in support of those needs and goals and ensuring continuous improvement for the entire data and analytics space by maintaining current knowledge of business priorities, challenges, and opportunities
- Collaborating with campus constituents to promote awareness of data governance and develop a framework and standards for the creation and maintenance of data definitions and metadata, as well as processes for data management and sharing, to maintain data consistency and data quality
- Working closely with other Information Technology staff across the organization to recommend, plan, implement, and support innovative technology solutions by providing subject matter expertise in the areas of data analysis, design, conversion, integration, and other related activities
- Supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff direct reports and carrying out functions such as performance management, staff development, and training, as well as managing vendor relationships
- Proactively and continuously pursuing professional development and training to acquire new technical knowledge and skills
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of information systems, information science, computer science, or software engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of seven years of relevant and progressive strategic and technical/operational management experience in information technology; professional experience in higher education strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success leading data analytics and data governance initiatives
- Experience leading multi-functional teams and coaching and mentoring staff
- Solid command of relational and dimensional database concepts and principles, data modeling, data warehouse design, data management, data analytics and business intelligence methods, and data integration techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with modern SaaS/PaaS data warehouse platforms, ETL tools, and business intelligence products, as well as advanced analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence capabilities
- Proficiency with related programming languages including SQL and Python
- Energetic, passionate, and self-motivated mindset with a strong desire to excel and flourish in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and a commitment to continued self-improvement
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and planning skills with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and collaboratively with cross-functional units
- Sound independent judgment and decision-making
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
About Information Technology:
The integration of advanced technology throughout all levels of study is ubiquitous across universities – it facilitates digital transformations and ultimately shapes the future of higher education.
At Stevens, our legacy is built on technology. The Division of Information Technology not only acknowledges but wholeheartedly supports this opportunity to drive our community’s advancement in technology and innovation. In order to foster collaboration in the areas of teaching and learning, student success, research and scholarship, service and outreach, and administrative operations – we implement value-driven strategic solutions and support new technologies with enhanced security in an increasingly remote space. Along the way, the Division of Information Technology strives to meet global challenges that require us to turn inward, unveiling a shared vision of empathetic leadership, accountability, and exceptional customer-centric services that fully support and empower our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the vision and mission of Stevens.
This position is remote through August 2021 at which time we expect to transition back to our Hoboken campus. This position may be eligible for a hybrid work location.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty, and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Office of Enterprise Information Systems
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |