St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University is seeking a Compensation Manager to join the Human Resources team. The Compensation Manager plays a key role in helping the department achieve its objectives in support of the university's mission. Compensation Manager provides program leadership and functional expertise in the administration of the university employee classification management and compensation program. Plans develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures in order to be responsive to the University's goals and competitive practices. Performs position control, position and salary reviews, compensation surveys, and trend analysis; advises management on organizational design, workforce planning, contract interpretation, and salary placement; promotes strategic thinking and competitive, equitable and compliant practices. Provides recommendations to recruitment and employment to ensure compensation program enhances the university's ability to recruit and retain qualified employees. Collaborates with the Director of Human Resources to ensure the clear articulation of University policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations. Promotes equity and ensures fair employment practices and effective HR administration.
Education and Experience:
- Recommend, develop, implement and oversee the University's classification and compensation programs; plans, designs and implements programs, activities, policies, and procedures necessary to meet objectives of the classification and compensation section; propose and develop human resources policies, procedures, and personnel ordinance changes related to classification and compensation.
- Manage the classification and compensation program for all university employees to ensure alignment with University guidelines, policies, and employment laws.
- Monitor classification and compensation practices to ensure internal equity, and to promote the University's broader equity initiatives.
- Manage position control function in collaboration with Budget.
- Conduct position reviews and classify and grade all employee and management positions. Assists in the development of sound criteria for movement to higher classifications skill levels. Identify and address equity issues and concerns as they arise.
- Develop and execute process improvements to streamline forms and processes; implement and communicate program services and information; oversee the maintenance of accurate compensation and classification files.
- Assist with the evaluation of positions to determine independent contractors and employee relationships.
- Review and finalize proposed job descriptions and/or develop and write job descriptions.
- Review proposed salaries and equity adjustment requirements and provides pertinent data, analyses, and recommendations to management for approval.
- Review and approve incoming supplemental payment submissions and salary change requests for compliance.
- Design and deliver compensation communication and training materials to managers and employees.
- Provide support for department reorganizations including job evaluations, assessing potential compensation impact, providing compensation change recommendations, etc.
- Serve on a variety of participatory and task-specific committees, initiatives, teams, and task-forces as needed or requested.
- Perform HRIS Banner testing.
- Maintain operational knowledge in other key human resources areas as employee relations, performance management, leave administration organization and career development, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Other duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Sunlife Dental
Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, human resources, organizational management or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years related work experience in compensation and classification management, classification studies, and classification/position reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc.
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020151
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.