Librarian (Multiple Positions) Re-advertisement
USP Laucala Campus – LLB057
The appointee will either be responsible for, or required to work as part of a team, in one or a combination of the following sections of the Library: the provision of library information services to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff and general users in a flexible learning environment; acquisition of library materials; training and supervision of staff; cataloguing and classification of library materials according to AACR2, the Library of Congress Classification and Subject Headings, and MARC21 in an online environment.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A professional qualification/training recognised by an accrediting body such as the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
- Relevant work experience in academic libraries;
- Sound knowledge of current library technologies;
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of AACR2 (and an understanding of RDA), LC Classification and Subject Headings, and MARC21;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Appointees must be able to work evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- For Appointment at Level 3, applicants must have a Master’s degree in Library Information Science and at least 6 years direct relevant post-qualification experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in Information Literacy programmes; training library personnel at the paraprofessional level; dealing with library users in a multicultural environment; the provision of library services for flexible learning; and library management. Work experience and understanding of life in developing countries will be an added advantage.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Level 2 FJ $50,184 to FJ $61,289 per annum
Level 3 FJ $66,521 to FJ $81,491per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Elizabeth Fong; tel.: (679)32 32363; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 15 July 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.