The Office of Alumni Engagement (OAE) at Tufts University seeks a dynamic and motivated colleague to join the team as Assistant Director of Regional Engagement.
OAE’s mission is to inspire lifelong engagement with the Tufts community. Through connections, shared experiences, and opportunities to give back, we empower alumni to make an impact on each other and the university.
What You'll Do
As an integral member of OAE’s regional and shared interest team, the Assistant Director of Regional Engagement will develop and strengthen domestic regional networks, focusing primarily on the East Coast. They will support each group in the development of volunteer infrastructure, communications, and programming to ensure sustainable volunteer communities and a deeper alumni connection to Tufts. They will also contribute to the planning of various team- and office-wide initiatives. In all their work, they will collaborate closely with colleagues in OAE, Annual Giving, Development, Career Services, academic departments, and professional school alumni offices to purposefully engage alumni.
What We're Looking For
• Knowledge and skills typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of related experience.
• Knowledge and experience in alumni engagement or related field.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office/similar systems and experience with database systems (Advance, Millennium, Raiser's Edge, etc.).
• Available for evening and weekend work as required.
• Ability to travel domestically.
• Knowledge of volunteer management in a higher education or nonprofit setting.
• Strong professional, interpersonal, team, and leadership skills; tact and flexibility in working with a diverse range of alumni.
Minimum $51,400.00, Midpoint $64,250.00, Maximum $77,100.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.