Stevens Institute of Technology offers an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director of Recruitment in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The position will participate fully in a wide range of admissions activities representing the university in all aspects of territory management, with emphasis and focus on recruitment and retention of women and students to our College of Arts and Letters.
An Assistant Director at Stevens Institute of Technology determines the admissibility of prospective students in accordance with the admissions standards and policies of the university. This highly visible role requires a self-motivated, vibrant person who can communicate with prospective students and interested parties to explain the college admission policies and procedures and accurately answer questions. This position requires travel to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students and guidance counselors of admission standards and policies, the programs of the university, and campus life. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
The primary responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Represents Stevens Institute of Technology during in-person and virtual recruitment activities
- Manage assigned incoming first-year student recruitment territory with a focus on women recruitment, which includes travel to off-campus territory(s), recruiting, virtually and in-person, interviewing, presentations and events coverage, counseling families, interacting with guidance counselors, application file reading, and recommending admissions decisions
- Work with the Director to think strategically and create new women’s recruitment initiatives both on and off campus
- Work with the Director to manage recruitment, develop yield strategies and campus events focusing on women and our programs within the College of Arts and Letters
- Develop new relationships between key organizations and on and off campus constituents and the Stevens Office of Undergraduate Admissions - including working with current students and on-campus student organizations
- Work closely with other departments and offices on campus to develop strategies around social media, website design, and other online recruitment tools
- Analyze application data, as well as data on enrolled students to improve recruitment efforts of women and our College of Arts and Letters Programs
- At least three years of admissions experience or similar demonstrated undergraduate admissions background and industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license and U.S. passport
- High attention to customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse constituents
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends as necessary to assist with on campus events as well as recruiting duties off campus
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills
- Passion for access to higher education
- Experience working with diverse populations and an understanding of the concerns of such groups
Undergraduate Admissions Recruitment
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police