Primary Purpose of Position
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical (N.C. A&T) State University invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of Community Engagement.
The Executive Director position will provide leadership and strategy for the university’s efforts in community engagement as it seeks to become more involved in public programs, community building initiatives, coordinating of volunteerism (administrators, faculty, staff and students), building community partnerships (including partnerships with businesses and foundations), initiating or expanding partnerships with community-based organizations, making the campus more accessible to the community, and bringing the talent of the university to support research, learning and assessment in the community. This position is critical to achieving the university’s Preeminence 2023, Goal 3: Public Service and Community Engagement; and 3.3: Engage university and community constituents to expand economic development and civic engagement.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
An 1890 Land Grant University, North Carolina A&T State University enjoys a long-standing national reputation in learning, discovery, and engagement. With a student body in excess of 12,500 and approximately 700 full-time faculty, North Carolina A&T offers undergraduate and graduate degrees through seven colleges and the Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. The university graduates the largest number of African Americans in engineering, science, and technology in the nation. It offers over 50 master’s and Ph.D. programs.
The university is one of the sixteen constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina (UNC) System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The strategic vision focuses the University on teaching and learning, civic engagement, transformative research, and creative scholarship.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented professional.
- Master’s degree
- Five years or more of progressively responsible experiences related to public administration and/or community engagement.
- Self-starter who has proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with minimum supervision and with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Ability to relate to and foster relationships between academic and public organizations.
- Excels in networking and establishing and sustaining relationships.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- A master’s degree in public administration, community engagement, marketing, public relations, public health, education, business or any field that is related to community engagement.
- Experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute programs or activities involving the campus community and external organizations.
- Visionary leader with a proven track record of effectively creating, managing, and developing programs involving partnerships with the community.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.