Job title: Athletic Communications Manager (full-time)
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Department: Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation
Reports to: Assistant Athletic Director for Communications and Events
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the Department of Physical Education, Athletics & Recreation and University as well as the rules and regulations of the Middle Atlantic Conference and MAC Freedom, the NCAA, and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Write and disseminate select press releases, weekly newsletter, team reviews and previews, brochures, event programs, monthly calendars, departmental meeting minutes, etc.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Athletic Director for Communications to develop, implement and oversee social media strategy for the promotion of the department and the student-athletes.
- Design and produce promotional materials to support all intercollegiate home events.
- Work with conference office as well as national governing bodies of assigned sports to nominate student-athletes for weekly, and season awards.
- Maintain an important role in game day operations to include public address announcing, in-game statistics, webcast production, setup and breakdown of the facility, supervision of gameday student staff, and other game day responsibilities as assigned.
- Compile team statistics for intercollegiate sports assigned each season.
- Collaborate with coaching staff of assigned sports in monitoring all team records and milestones.
- Assist in managing all facets of the department website (www.stevensducks.com).
- Assist with score reporting to national, regional, conference, and local bodies.
- Help maintain photo library system.
- Assist with department archives.
- Active participation in the College Sports Communicators organization, including nominating student-athletes for Academic All-America recognition.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participate regularly in available professional development opportunities.
- Chair department’s promotions committee to enhance school spirit and increase interest in and attendance at intercollegiate athletic events.
- Serve on Stevens’ Athletics Hall of Fame committee and record and archive all meeting minutes.
- Responsible for representing the department on university-wide committees and at meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in an intercollegiate athletics setting is strongly preferred.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, AED is required, but training will be provided as needed.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Familiarity with NCAA statistical services including NCAA Live Stats and Stat Crew
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students, faculty and staff of all races and genders. We are an NSFa ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies and strongly encourage applications from qualified women and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Sports Information Office
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police