Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Vice President for Business and Finance
Vice President for Business and Finance
Cameron University invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Business and Finance.
The Vice President for Business and Finance is responsible as chief financial officer for administration and leadership of the Business Office, Office of Human Resources, and the Office of Public Safety. The Vice President reports to the university president and works collaboratively and creatively with other university executive administrators to fund, maintain and improve a living and learning environment conducive to student and employee success.
The preferred starting date is July 1, 2020.
- University budget preparation including E&G, auxiliary, capital, and Foundation accounts
- Establishing and maintaining an effective accounting and financial reporting system for all institution funds. This includes the monitoring of expenditures of funds for compliance with donor intent,
- Regent policies, State and Federal regulations and laws.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting, including cash flow, planning, reporting, organizational and departmental budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare financial statements and various reports required from Federal agencies, State agencies, and the Board of Regents
- Oversee the university’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing
- Assist with decisions regarding financial policy and strategy
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the University
- Execute bids, review contracts, and manage auxiliary enterprises and contracted providers (e.g., food service, custodial services, and bookstore)
- Develop, coordinate, and assure compliance with fiscal policies, procedures and goals of the University
- Provide fiscal assistance to the Cameron University Foundation, Inc.
- Oversee functions of the Office of Human Resources including payroll, benefits, policies and employee programs
- Oversee functions of the Office of Public Safety and ensure reporting requirements are met.
- Master's degree or above from a regionally accredited institution in a discipline relevant to the position preferably with an additional credential such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified
- Management Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor
- Eight years of relevant, progressively responsible experience in financial planning, budgeting, or audit functions with at least four years of experience in higher education and at least two years of significant supervisory oversight experience
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and maintaining compliance with state and federal laws, such as employment and labor law, tax law, IRS regulations, OSHA, etc.
- Commitment to student success, collegial decision making, and collaborative leadership
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in data management, data analysis, and quantitative decision making
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with a diverse student, employee, and community population
- Experience in a public, regional university setting as comptroller, controller, or chief financial officer
- Demonstrated experience with strategic budget management and financial planning
- Experience with Ellucian Banner accounting software
Commensurate with university standards, educational background, and experience.
Cameron University offers a wide variety of comprehensive programs to benefit our employees. We are proud to offer such benefits as paid medical coverage for our employees, ample time off opportunities and employee tuition waiver programs. To view all benefits available to employees, visit: http://www.cameron.edu/adminprobenefitssummary.
Cameron University (http://www.cameron.edu/
) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma with a branch in Duncan, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at http://www.cameron.edu/ops
Apply online here
. Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), and contact information for three to five professional references.
While applications and nominations will be accepted until a new Vice President is selected, interested parties are encouraged to submit materials before March 20, 2020 to assure optimal consideration.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |