Assistant Director of New Student & Family Programs
Lead new undergraduate student orientation and undergraduate family programming for all campuses of the university.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Coordinate new student orientation programming (SOAR) for three campuses of the University
- Supervise two orientation program coordinators and two student orientation teams to transition new students to all three campuses
- Supervise administrative assistant and multiple student staff to assist with daily operations
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs and Academic Advising for orientation programming
- Lead the SOAR Advisory Council, a team of university constituents, to plan and assess orientation programming
- Supervise graduate assistant, of family programming
- Manage online orientation through third-party software system for incoming students to campus-based SOAR
- Create and analyze assessments of programming
- Plan and implement programming on three campuses to serve needs of student families and supporters (i.e., Family Weekends, Off-Campus Social Events)
- Advise the Parent & Family Association and Council, the dues-paying family organization
- Serve on Admissions leadership team to shape and implement the University's strategic enrollment management plan
- Manage multiple budgets
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Master's degree in Higher Education/Student Services
- Six (6) or more years of related work experience
- Experience with orientation programming
- Supervisory experience
$44,400 - $56,600
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google and e-mail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written); organizational, problem solving, time management, detail orientation and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
July 20, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may often extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Travel required
- May be required to drive university vehicles
Standard and Education Verification
- 3900711100-Admissions, Office Of
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=219070&PostingSeq=1