Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, Chief Data Officer
Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, Chief Data Officer
St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, Chief Data Officer. The Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning (VPIEP) provides leadership and oversight of the Institutional Effectiveness and Planning division. The IEP division consists of the university's institutional research, institutional assessment, and analytics functions. The role facilitates the university's pursuit of its strategic goals, exceeding compliance reporting requirements, and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The VPIEP and the supervised team will work in close collaboration with data users and institutional data stewards to establish an enterprise data road map and data management processes that enable information sharing, collaboration, compliance, and planning. This position works closely with the university Cabinet and deans to promote data-informed decision-making across the university and establish a culture that views data as a strategic asset. The VPIEP is responsible, individually and through the supervised team, to promote the trust and literacy of available university data and information.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Decision Support & Planning
University Data & Business Processes
- Ensures that meaningful, appropriate, and accurate data are available to inform university planning efforts.
- Supports the development, assessment, refinement, and implementation of university strategies through the effective use of data analytics.
- Identifies and assesses opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of university operations through the effective application of data-informed approaches.
- Provides collaborative leadership in identifying metrics and benchmarks to evaluate university initiatives and operations.
- Provides innovative leadership in the identification and design of interventions to effect improvement.
- Coordinates university-wide program assessment and development processes with the Provost.
- Collaborates with the Vice President for Enrollment Management on the assessment of financial aid leveraging strategies, financial aid budget planning and forecasting, enrollment modeling projections, and market assessments of student search list procurement.
- Supports the Vice President for Finance and Administration in multi-year resource planning.
- Collaborates with the Vice President for University Advancement in campaign feasibility, donor pipeline development, and alumni outcomes assessment utilizing data acquisition and analytics strategies.
- Manages data acquisition and analytics strategies to develop multi-year enrollment and auxiliary service revenue forecasts in partnership with the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Vice President for Student Affairs, Provost, and related third parties.
University Business Intelligence Solutions
- Provides collaborative leadership to promote the development of an integrated approach to the acquisition and maintenance of data and to the application of data analytics across all university offices and departments.
- Develops and manages university-wide data-governance structures and processes.
- Coordinates university-wide survey efforts.
- Oversees reporting in support of accrediting bodies, consortia, and state/regional/federal agencies.
- Facilitates priority setting concerning the university's data collection and analysis plan.
- Articulates and communicates analytical priorities to appropriate constituencies within the university.
- Continuously assesses and recommends enhancements to the university's data architecture, data governance practices, data structures, and relevant technical tools and applications.
- Collaborates with the Office of Information Technology to ensure that appropriate data structures, reporting tools, and analytical tools are readily available for the use of offices and departments across the university.
- Identifies and secures access to relevant external data sources to inform the development of university strategies and initiatives and to assess their effectiveness.
- Regularly reviews and analyzes significant trends, issues, and initiatives within higher education. Assesses their impact and applicability to St. Edward's University.
, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Business required; a Master's degree preferred.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a higher education institution or service provider, including five years of experience leading analytic capabilities operations.
- 5 years of experience in a higher education environment supporting planning, budgeting, assessment/accreditation projects.
- 5 years of supervisory experience and setting individual, department/team, division/organization objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement data-analytic and technology strategies to support business objectives.
- Experience operationalizing the use of data and data analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to create, refine, and deploy best practices across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain policies and standards related to data, database, and report security.
- Broad familiarity with a wide array of technologies pertinent to data architecture and data analytics; multiple years of hands-on experience with these technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize disparate information of multiple types from multiple sources; ability to formulate complex strategies based upon this synthesis; ability to implement complex strategies.
- Strong leadership and organization skills; proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to manage complex projects and tasks with attention to detail; demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and transform organizational culture, lead organizational development efforts, and engage in systems thinking.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of technical expertise.
- Successful completion of an employment and criminal history background check is required.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202017
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.