Under the general supervision of the Sr. Associate Athletics Director, Development & Revenue Generation, this position is responsible for independent leadership and management of all aspect of the annual fund for the NIU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics with an emphasis on growing unrestricted and restricted support for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight off all operations of the annual fund, goal setting, prospect management, donor fulfillment and donor cultivation. Additionally, this position will have a portfolio of donors for solicitation of major gifts and facilities fundraising projects. This leadership position is critical to revenue generation for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Minimum of two years’ experience in university development.
Demonstrated experience and success in donor moves management.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
Experience in Division I intercollegiate athletics, which may include annual fund, major gift and/or special event fundraising.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
- Work effectively with all constituents (university, alumnus, community, etc.).
- Customer service; excellent communication skills.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet all deadlines.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all external units of the department and University to ensure a positive experience for customers.
- Strong process, planning and implementation skills
- Creative problem solver and strategic and organized thinker
- Excellent time-management skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously under a variety of deadlines and
- Ability to understand and interpret instruction to work effectively and efficiently independently with minimal supervision
as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail, accuracy and proficiency with regard to handling data and executing reports
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft office programs with emphasis on Word and Excel; donor database experience
- Results driven; ability to manage and measure work, balancing multiple projects and goals
- Respectful and grateful donor-centric perspective
Social media saavy and/or design capabilities a plus.
Ticket or premium seat experience a plus.