The Institution: Selkirk College
Located amidst the breathtaking beauty of southern British Columbia, Selkirk College has been providing innovative and unique learning opportunities to the West Kootenay and Boundary communities since 1966. Selkirk College is home to 60-plus nationally recognized programs serving more than 2,800 full-time learners per year in certificate, diploma, bachelor degree, co-operative education and continuing education programs. With eight campus and learning centre locations in six different West Kootenay and Boundary communities, Selkirk College offers outcomes for in-demand employment, credit transfer to a multitude of universities for degree completion and enhanced training to further career opportunities.
To learn more, please visit Selkirk’s website.
The Opportunity: President
As the most senior employee within the organization, the President is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Selkirk College in a manner that achieves the vision, goals and objectives established in conjunction with the Board of Governors to meet the needs of students, faculty, instructors, staff and the larger community. With a focus on ensuring the continued relevance, credibility, viability and culture of the College, the President will develop key partnerships and works in conjunction with government, agencies, industry and other post-secondary institutions to further the interests of the College. Responsibilities include establishing organizational goals, assigning priorities to guide their implementation and evaluating progress toward their achievement. The President plays an integral role in the life of the College and a visible role as a community leader. The position provides advice and counsel to the Board of Governors on all matters impacting the College and ensures that the College operates within the policy and strategy frameworks established by the Board.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s Degree at a minimum, or other relevant post-graduate education;
- A record of accomplishment as a scholar and teacher, and/or a combination of senior administrative and teaching experience at the post-secondary level;
- Intellectual depth and an understanding of the post-secondary landscape and diverse college community, particularly within the British Columbian and Canadian contexts; a passionate commitment to what post-secondary institutions in general – and Selkirk College in particular – can contribute to society;
- An understanding of the issues and challenges that will face post-secondary institutions in the coming years and ability to address these issues;
- Planning experience at a senior level involving the setting of strategic direction, priority development, resource allocation, and transition and change;
- A record of successful advocacy in developing strong government relations;
- A proven track record of successful fundraising, and the ability to develop an ongoing fundraising capacity to support new levels of excellence within Selkirk College.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: https://leadersinternational.com/selkirk-college-president/
Contact: Nick Lay or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
- - 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422