The General Accounting department, within the Controller’s Office, has overall responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of the University financial statements, the production of external financial statements, certain key internal financial management reports, coordination of the University's external audit function, and for certain aspects of Federal and State compliance.
What You'll Do
The Assistant Accounting Director assists the Senior Accounting Director in managing the university’s accounting operation. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial statements, development and maintenance of the university’s accounting & financial reporting system, policy and procedure design and execution, and compliance with regulatory reporting. The Assistant Accounting Director assists in managing key relationships with external auditors, internal and external customers. The Assistant Accounting Director also oversees the work of department personnel and plays a leadership role in the Finance & Planning team.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 7 years of related experience.
- Microsoft Office competency, particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Progressively responsible, hands-on, accounting experience including extensive knowledge of financial accounting and
reporting standards (GAAP), IRS tax code, and industry practices.
- Leadership and teamwork skills in a complex organization.
- Global perspective and attention to detail; excellent communication and customer service skills; time management, analytical and problem-solving skills; with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Strong working knowledge of systems. PeopleSoft experience a plus.
- Advanced degree and CPA preferred.
- Personnel management experience a plus.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.