Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Career Development Center
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Director, Career Development Center
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director provides leadership, direction and strategic vision for the Career Development Center to ensure high-quality programs and services are provided to all undergraduate and graduate students, employers, alumni, and campus personnel. The Director cultivates and manages relationships with key internal and external constituencies to ensure responsiveness to students, faculty and staff, while focusing on the development, delivery and resources to support student and alumni professional development.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Provide strategic and highly visible operational leadership for the Career Development Center to ensure its goals, objectives, and resources are focused on divisional and institutional outcomes.
- Supervise the Associate Director, Career Services and Cooperative Education, and the Associate Director, Employer Relations and Recruiting.
- Provide leadership to create an office environment that reinforces creativity, innovation and the effective delivery of services to meet the career development needs of students and alumni.
- Ensure that student outreach to support Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. students' career aspirations is actively occurring.
- Ensure a robust Employer Outreach and Relations Program is in place that directly supports the Career Development Center's goals.
- Maintain a regular schedule of student appointments (walk-ins and scheduled) to preserve a connection to student needs and experiences while at WPI.
- Expand availability of, and student access to, co-op and internship opportunities, and the tracking of these opportunities through the Handshake software system.
- Design and implement strategies that intentionally foster partnerships and integration of CDC services across the academic and student affairs departments.
- Work as partners with the Alumni of Color chapter and other constitutiencies and networks to establish mentorship opportunities that support and enhance student achievement and success.
- Implement effective technology solutions and processes to support office operations, student and alumni services, employer recruiting activity, and on-line/social media engagement.
- Ensure data collection and reporting on student career outcomes and related metrics that demonstrate how the CDC enhances opportunities for success, evaluates effectiveness of services and identifies gaps in student and alumni accessibility.
- Foster collaboration among campus constituents, including faculty, staff, and students, to generate a growth oriented and engaging career culture at the University.
- Oversee the department budget to assure financial resources are used effectively and align with department, division, and university objectives and priorities.
- Serve within the Dean of Students Administrator-on-Call rotation cycle.
- Represent the University to a wide range of internal and external constituents to enhance the visibility and reputation of Worcester Polytechnic Institute, including meetings, conferences, speaking engagements, publications, and professional service opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A master's degree in an appropriate field, with a minimum of seven years of relevant and progressively responsible experience in college/university career services or a similar setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of career services and current best practices in the areas of career counseling, student and career development, internship/co-op programs, job search strategies, job market trends, employer relations, and using technology to deliver services.
- Excellent planning, leadership and organizational skills with attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced university environment.
- Experience in creating and fostering partnerships with a broad group of internal and external constitutiencies.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentations skills.
- Supervisory and budget planning and management experience required.
- A demonstrated passion for college student and alumni career success.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI
Please include a cover letter to be considered for this position.
Please note WPI requires all employees to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For more information, please visit https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director--Career-Development-Center_R0001610
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |