Director of Donor Engagement, University Advancement
The Director of Donor Engagement is a highly experienced events professional responsible for strategic planning, management and implementation of donor events and experiences, recognition of university donors and volunteers, and cultivation of prospects.
The Director will:
- Manage events and experiences for donors at all giving levels, with particular attention to special experiences for major and principal gift level donors and prospects.
- Excel in database management, event planning and logistics, guest experiences, budget management, donor stewardship and customer service.
- Work closely with the division’s executive leadership and front-line advancement officers to strategically build memorable event experiences that are closely aligned with the division’s goals and brand.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in event and project management, preferably in advancement
- Proven ability to navigate a CRM database
- Experience developing and monitoring adherence to complex project budgets
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional presentation
- Good judgement and ability to interact with a diverse group of people (internal and external)
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Proficient in all areas of MS Office Suite
- Advancement in higher education experience
- Volunteer and staff management skills