The Division of Research and Innovation supports the generation and dissemination of knowledge by providing research administration services to assist faculty and students in their research, scholarly work, and creative activities. Overseen by the Vice President of Research and Innovation, the division is comprised of multiple departments including: Grants and Contracts Administration, Research Integrity & Compliance, Research Commercial Agreements, and Research Development.
This position provides senior leadership and strategic planning in the development and support of IT system applications and support services for the entire Division of Research & Innovation. Responsible for managing needs and coordinating day-to-day IT system activities across multiple University departments within the division; and also serves as liaison between research division and UNT-System IT teams to develop, support, and enhance IT related applications for the university. Position also provides IT application implementation, support, and training to service campus-wide end users conducting research at the university.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and ten years of work experience in systems analysis and/or programming functions, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of all phases of software application development lifecycle and project management disciplines.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Excellent organization, teamwork, problem-solving, and communication (verbal and written) skills. Ability to work well with people in all levels of the organization
- Experience with Huron Systems, Cayuse Systems, Kuali Systems or any other research administration software associated with a research centric university.
- Experience in setting up Application Programming Interface (API) integration between systems.
- Experience with PeopleSoft financial systems.
- Experience with Power BI and SQL database management.
- The ability to design and establish reporting tools for systems including: PeopleSoft and BI Publisher.
- The ability to build PeopleSoft queries and SQL query strings.