Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director, Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Director, Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs
Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
In this entry-level position, the assistant director will have an opportunity to experience all aspects of higher education as they collaborate with many other departments on campus while also learning best practices for incorporating technological solutions for continuous process improvement. The position will be divided 80% in Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs and 20% in Admissions with a requirement for flexibility depending on the needs of the departments. For POP, the individual will be responsible for supporting technological systems, office reporting, coordinating with campus stakeholders, managing logistics for summer student staff hiring, marketing and promotional efforts, and supporting outreach events. Duties in Undergraduate Admissions will include recruiting students, reading applications, advising prospective and admitted students, and supporting Admissions events. This is position is an excellent entry point for an individual hoping to experience a broad spectrum of higher education.
The Offices of Pre-collegiate Outreach (POP) and Undergraduate Admissions are seeking a dynamic, self-directed, extremely organized, and personable individual to join our teams as an Assistant Director. The Assistant Director should be committed to supporting diverse K-12 students on their pathway to higher education. In this entry-level position, the assistant director will have an opportunity to experience all aspects of higher education as they collaborate with many other departments on campus while also learning best practices for incorporating technological solutions for continuous process improvement. The position will be divided 80% in Pre-collegiate Outreach Programs and 20% in Admissions with a requirement for flexibility depending on the needs of the departments. For POP, the individual will be responsible for supporting technological systems, office reporting, coordinating with campus stakeholders, managing logistics for summer student staff hiring, marketing and promotional efforts, and supporting outreach events. Duties in Undergraduate Admissions will include recruiting students, reading applications, advising prospective and admitted students, and supporting Admissions events. This is position is an excellent entry point for an individual hoping to experience a broad spectrum of higher education.
RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN PRE-COLLEGIATE OUTREACH PROGRAMS
- Oversee marketing and promotional efforts including social media, monthly email campaigns, distribution mail/ email lists, website layout and updates, print advertising, photography schedules, etc.
- Create, maintain, and edit the registration/application system for outreach programs. Manage office usage and loading of data in Workday/Banner, Salesforce, Tableau, and Active Camp Manager. Lead for training of systems within the office and with campus partners.
- Create and schedule all automated emails that go to participants including session reminders, missing items emails, payment reminders, PIN emails, surveys, etc.
- Manage the waitlist for outreach programs.
- Manage the logistics of the summer staff hiring for graduate and undergraduate students, which includes timeline, recruitment of applications, setup of the application and acceptance forms, scheduling of interviews, communicating with applicants, and onboarding students.
- Oversee summer day programs, including drop-off, pick-up, lunch, participants, participant behavior, parent concerns, and undergraduate staff support working in conjunction with the POP program manager.
- Coordinate with the Summer Nurse Coordinator for all needs pertaining to hiring processes, schedule, medical reports, missing forms and coordination of dietary needs with dietitian and nurse coordinator etc.
- Assist in providing support and staffing for the daily operation of all-academic and summer offerings.
- Serve as the lead for general data and reporting needs including but not limited to: registration records across different systems, registration updates to stakeholders, and year-to-year analysis.
- Manage office owned laptops and tablets, computer hardware, and software.
- Serve on the TouchTomorrow Internal Exhibit Subcommittee to assist in logistical support for faculty and student exhibits, which includes communication and partnership with community partners.
RESPONSIBILITIES WITHIN ADMISSIONS
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus.
- Travel for recruitment and public relations purposes, staffing college fairs and visiting high schools on behalf of the Admissions Office.
- Review and evaluate admissions applications from assigned geographic territory.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic regions.
- Cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Admissions programs and events for students and counselors.
- Attendance and participation at all of the Admissions open house events.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN GENERAL
- As needed, provide courteous customer service to internal and external constituencies including families, industry partners, and on campus service providers.
- Represent both departments on university committees.
- Ensure coordination of sensitive and urgent items requiring the attention/review of the Associate Directors and/or Director.
- Provide event staffing support for UES events including but not limited to TouchTomorrow festival, Admissions open houses, and K-12 summer programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required (STEM discipline or Education preferred). Masters preferred.
- A degree or certification in a one or more computer technologies or a minimum of two years of demonstrated proficiency in computing technologies. Proficiency with SCT Banner is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deadlines in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment. Must be customer service focused with diplomatic skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines, and prioritizing work. Seek supervisor's input in determining priorities as required.
- Skills to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to organize and establish job priorities to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office computer skills. Must also be willing to learn other computer systems as necessary.
- Flexibility with schedule to cover evening and weekend programs/ events as necessary. Wednesday evenings until 6:30pm is required.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or transport supplies up to 30lbs.
- Valid driver's license is required
- Bilingual skills desirable
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Director--Pre-collegiate-Outreach-Programs_R0000618
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |