Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Vice President for Leadership Giving
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Assistant Vice President for Leadership Giving
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Leadership Giving & Donor Engagement, the Assistant Vice President for Leadership Giving is a member of the University Advancement senior management team and plays a key role in advancing WPI's mission and philanthropy objectives. The Assistant Vice President is responsible for leading a team of fundraisers in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift donors, and overseeing discovery and qualification efforts to build the prospect pipeline. The Assistant Vice President is a senior development officer, who will manage a portfolio of major gift prospects. The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in major gift fundraising, exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to develop and execute strategic fundraising plans within a higher education setting.
This position provides a hybrid schedule option.
- Direct and manage WPI's major gift fundraising efforts.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive major gift fundraising strategy, encompassing donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for prospects with the capacity to give $100,000 or more.
- Collaborate closely with University Advancement executive team and other university leaders to establish fundraising goals and priorities.
- Work with Associate Vice President to determine the strategies and tactics needed for a successful major gift fundraising program, providing input on cultivation and stewardship events, proposals, donor impact stories, and other fundraising collateral.
- Oversee the creation of donor engagement strategies and stewardship plans, in partnership with the Assistant Vice President of Donor and Prospect Strategy.
- Provide leadership to team of fundraising professionals responsible for securing major gifts of $100,000+ and building the prospect pipeline.
- Recruit, train, and manage a high-performing team of leadership giving officers.
- Establish performance metrics, set individual and team goals, and monitor benchmarks and key performance indicators to ensure the team meets or exceeds goals.
- Provide continuous guidance and mentorship to ensure that staff are motivated, focused, and supported in their work.
- Foster a work environment that brings out the best in each member of the team, supports individuals in their professional growth, and reinforces the value of collaboration.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 75 major gift prospects with the capacity to give $100,000 or more.
- Actively manage a major gift portfolio, cultivating donor relationships to secure significant financial support for WPI.
- Develop and implement prospect strategies, engagement and stewardship plans, and moves management techniques, leveraging university's CRM (Salesforce) to maximize fundraising effectiveness.
- Collaborate, engage, and build relationships with university stakeholders.
- Work with colleagues and senior leaders in University Advancement to execute a coordinated engagement and fundraising strategy, aligned with WPI's strategic priorities.
- Build partnerships with faculty, staff, and volunteers in support of leadership giving initiatives.
- Partner with colleagues in Lifetime Engagement & Advancement Communications to develop and implement strategies for reunion giving and leadership annual giving.
- Leverage events, stewardship opportunities, annual giving programs, and other engagement opportunities to connect donors and prospects with WPI's mission, enhancing their connection with the university and deepening their philanthropic involvement.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of experience in development, preferably within higher education or a complex nonprofit environment.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward leadership gifts.
- Experience as a leader who can successfully manage and motivate fundraising teams.
- Desire and ambition to work in an organization that is evolving, and proven ability to manage effectively during times of growth and change.
- Success in increasing the effectiveness of a fundraising operation through established objectives, metrics, and performance standards.
- A deep appreciation for the mission and aspirations of WPI and the ability to successfully articulate that mission to the University's key stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to understand and translate information for a range of audiences.
- Proficiency in the utilization of fundraising databases and CRM software (Salesforce) to support fundraising operations and activities.
- Ability to apply sound judgment and decision-making in all situations is required, especially related to project and team management, donor relationship building, and handling of confidential information.
- A commitment to the university's values of respect, community, inclusion, innovation, and achievement.
Please include a cover letter with a resume for consideration.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Assistant-Vice-President-for-Leadership-Giving_R0002543
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |