Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Senior Director, Capital Design and Construction
Old Dominion University
The Senior Director will be responsible to develop and maintain strategic initiatives for improving stewardship of campus facilities through close coordination with Facilities Management and Construction Department and other stakeholders to develop resources (i.e. campus design and construction standards, project plan review process, commissioning, etc.) that will help guide decision-making relative to capital and the Master Plan.
The Senior Director is responsible for the formal initiation of capital projects, selection of A & E and other special consultants, managing the design process through the coordination of construction related activities with the project managers, developing the solicitation documents for bids and/or proposals from either contractors or design/build teams, coordination of solicitation processes for bids/proposals with Procurement Services, the review of applicable pre -construction award materials, recommending construction and/or design/build contract award, administering the expenditure of capital appropriations, managing and directing the project managers’ administration and monitoring of capital project construction, and the closeout of completed capital projects in accordance with all the applicable BCOM requirements and University policies and procedures.
- The position will also provide leadership, analysis, and strategic direction in identifying and implementing new and revised processes and procedures to achieve an integrated project delivery system focused on customer service and facilities stewardship throughout the Master Plan planning process.
- The position will lead the design and construction of the University’s capital program, including both the general funds (GF) and non – General Fund (NGF) projects.
Master’s Degree in a related field of study Or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and equivalent professional experience to equate to a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the department as well as programs, projects, project budgets and processes across organizational lines including construction programs
- Extensive knowledge of governmental capital construction, contract management, procurement policies, procedures and regulations, and project management
- Significant knowledge of skills in competitive negotiations for professional and non-professional services, formal sealed bidding processes for construction, goods and services, and contract negotiation, administration and dispute resolution
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract price, cost, market, and value analysis
- Ability to interpret and apply procurement regulations and to translate guidance into specific actions that affect construction projects
- Excellent writing skills including drafting complex and technical solicitations, contracts and reports
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including presentations to small and large audiences
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques in a diverse work environment including team facilitation and consultation skills
- Ability to effectively manage all aspects of A&E and construction procurements including design-build and contract management projects.
- Considerable experience in competitive negotiations, formal sealed bidding, design-build, and contract management processes for construction and A&E Services
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |