Head Men’s Soccer Coach
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a qualified highly energetic and ambitious professional to serve as Head Men’s Soccer Coach who will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by reporting to the Director of Athletics, and providing leadership, management, and strategic planning for the women’s soccer program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Organizing and conducting a recruitment program that will retain qualified student-athletes at the NAIA level by managing visitations.
- Cooperating with the admissions and financial aid department in a coordinated effort to attract student-athletes.
- Supervising student-athletes’ academic, personal and athletic development.
- Planning practices and game preparations
- Managing the men’s soccer budget.
- Implementing and enforcing the department and university policies concerning sportsmanship and school representation.
- Promoting the men’s soccer program to the public.
- The Head Men’s Soccer Coach will also assist in community relation and will be responsible for raising funds for the men’s soccer program throughout the academic year.
- Other duties may be assigned by the athletic director.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- An earned bachelor degree from an accredited institution and experience in coaching soccer.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications requires a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: