Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Senior Business Manager (3884)
Northern Illinois University
With 18 departments and spanning the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences, the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the largest of NIU’s six undergraduate colleges. By the nature of our mission, we touch virtually every new student to the university, regardless of their major, through the wide array of general education courses housed within our departments.
Under direction from the Director of Budget and Financial Operations for the College of Liberal Arts and Science, the Senior Business Manager is responsible for the operations of federal, state and local post-award grant administration and related accounting duties and functions.
The Senior Business Manager is also responsible for college cost center administration and related accounting duties and functions.
The Senior Business Manager is responsible for insuring the proper and timely processing of personnel paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Dean’s office funds, completed paperwork related to expenditures. Makes purchases as needed with university procurement card.
- Preforms grant-related post-award functions. Resolving issues related to grant accounting.
- Collects and analyzes data.
- Oversee the grant time and effort reporting.
- Processes personnel hiring and change forms.
- Responsible for submitting payroll for the Dean’s office
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- 1A. Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, business administration, management, or a closely related field. - OR -
- 1B. Three (3) years (36 months) of work experience in accounting, business administration, fiscal management, or closely related experience. – OR -
- 1C. A combination of such education and/or work experience above totaling three (3) years (36 months), as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 60 semester hours or an Associate’s Degree equals eighteen months (18 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- AND -
- 2. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience in accounting, business administration, financial operations, fiscal management, or closely related experience, including one (1) year (12 months) of which is at a supervisory or administrative level.
NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, data entry, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of technology including electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, and their applications.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications.
- Ability to work independently and effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to analyze and develop guidelines, procedures and systems to outline specific goals and implement plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish tasks.
- Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and explain work related documents, policies, and procedures.
Specialty Factors (Civil Service)
Preferred Qualifications (Civil Service)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in budgeting and strategic planning.
- Experience with fund accounting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications.
- Detailed oriented and organized and have the ability to work collaboratively but able to exercise excellent judgement and make independent decisions under pressure.
- Experience working in higher education.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |