Posting Title Assistant Vice President of Student Financial Services
Department UNT-Vice President Enroll Mgmt-164200
Job Location Denton
Full Time/Part Time Full-Time
Salary Information Salary Commensurate with Experience
Student Financial Services at UNT works collaboratively in the strategic and operational management for student accounts including billing and collection of tuition and fees, processing of refunds, payments, and deferred billing. Through close collaboration with Student Financial Aid & Scholarships, the Student Money Management Center, the Office of the Registrar, Data Analytics & Institutional Research, and the Dean of Students, Student Financial Services ensures a high-impact, customer-oriented approach to the delivery of service and support to our students.
This position reports directly to the Vice President for Enrollment and is responsible for directing and coordinating the various strategic and operational activities for Student Financial Services including billing and collection of tuition and fees, processing of refunds, payments, and deferred billing. The Assistant Vice President is also responsible for accurate maintenance and reconciliation of student accounts and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and university policies. This position is responsible for formulation and approval of departmental goals and policies, staff supervision, and budget development and allocation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive leadership in Student Financial Services or a closely related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Forward-thinking leader with the knowledge and experience of best practices in student financial services. Utilizes information on national trends in higher education to develop new programs and set strategic goals, plans and outcomes.
- Superior communication skills with experience navigating a complex and dynamic Tier-One research institution. Record of building and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external constituencies. Diplomacy, political savvy, and relationship management are essential.
- Strong analytical, technical, and critical-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to identify and develop analytics and metrics for supporting student success related to financial issues.
- Current working knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and policies as well as a demonstrated record of compliance.
- Demonstrated commitment to high-quality customer service, ensuring the needs of students and staff are quickly and professionally addressed. Continually reassesses Student Financial Services operations to improve efficiencies and the overall customer experience.
- Experience with budget management and a record of strong financial stewardship with the ability to link budget expenditures to outcomes.
- Record of working with diverse populations as well as facilitating a work environment and culture that encourages knowledge of and respect for people from diverse backgrounds.
- Record of fostering a positive, collaborative work environment that promotes openness and teamwork. Must be skilled at teambuilding and investing in the team’s professional development.
- Master’s degree or higher
- Knowledge and experience working with PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Texas rules and regulations related to functional area
- Experience in a large research-intensive university