This position reports to the Director of Public Relations and is responsible for supporting key public relations, writing, and communications initiatives including assisting in planning and implementing tactical Univ. Relations and PR initiatives.
1. Creates written communication material, ensuring accuracy, consistent voice and tone, brand integrity, and adherence to University brand positioning and message pillars. Materials include press releases as well as other web and communications content.
a. Post stories to blog and blog maintenance.
b. Post stories in CMS
2. Builds newsletter from approved stories and copy (both provided and created)
3. Responsible for project management tools and timelines using appropriate tools
4. Responsible for University Merit Pages such as dean’s list and other stories related to student achievement.
5. Use of analytics and related dashboards to evaluate the effectiveness of various public relations campaigns. In conjunction with the Director, use data to improve reach on engagement of PR initiatives.
6. Other duties as assigned.
The position requires an undergraduate degree with at least 5 – 10 years of demonstrated experiences in public relations and digital communications. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled writer who can adapt content across print and digital channels and who has excellent editing and proofreading skills. Content creator for digital communications channels, including social media, e-newsletters, blogs, and web content management systems, specifically Drupal. Must have excellent project management skills, timeline management, and supporting tools and the ability to balance multiple priorities in fast paced, ever changing, environment. Requires ability identify stories, content, and messages that align with University brand positioning and messaging pillars. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.