Executive Director, Foundation: Class Specification (Job Description) (Download PDF reader)
MSC Range 19; Full-time/Exempt; 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
Tentative First Interviews: January 3-4, 2024 (Zoom)
Tentative Second Interviews: January 10-12, 2024 (In Person)
Anticipated Start Date: February 1, 2024
Application Tips for Success (Download PDF reader)
The Butte-Glenn Community College District has opened its search for an Executive Director, Foundation.
The Butte College Foundation (the Foundation) is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit auxiliary to the Butte-Glenn Community College District (the District). The mission of the Foundation is to help ensure the academic development and excellence of students through financial and other forms of support; to establish scholarship programs and services that benefit our students; to constantly evaluate our funding priorities to identify areas critical to our success; and to create fundraising initiatives that will support the programs and services of Butte College.
Under the direct supervision of the Superintendent/President, the Executive Director will develop and implement a comprehensive development program designed to meet fundraising goals and revenue growth of the Butte-Glenn Community College District; and provide vision, leadership, strategic direction, and administrative oversight of the Foundation, its Board of Directors, and its staff. This position is responsible for facilitating the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of private financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations to enable the district to accomplish its goals and meet its mission. The successful candidate will work to increase visibility and relationships throughout the District.
The work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Over the summer the schedule changes to Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with Friday off.
Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Butte-Glenn Community College District will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Butte-Glenn Community College District encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Please visit the class specification (Download PDF reader) to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the position.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
All applicants, including current Butte College employees, must submit all required documents with the online application in order to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Vita
- Diversity Essay: The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a very diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse groups.
REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
- Transcripts of Academic Work: Official transcripts will be required upon hire. All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree. NOTE: Transcripts are not a required attachment during the application process.
- Foreign Transcripts: If you have foreign transcripts, you must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service.
- Equivalency: If the position has an education equivalency component within the minimum qualifications and you are applying under equivalency, transcripts will not be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the District requires that you provide fingerprints prior to beginning work. You may be fingerprinted at Butte College Human Resources by appointment, or you may be fingerprinted at another agency. Should you be fingerprinted at another agency, the rolling fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility at the time of printing.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.