Responsible for the financial accounting and reporting operations of the Auburn Research and Technology Foundation (ARTF) and Auburn Research Park (ARPI), both nonprofit 501©(3) organizations, within the areas of finance, budget, purchasing, taxation, and annual audits with external auditors, as required by Auburn University. This position is also responsible for the financial budgeting and reporting for the Auburn University Office of External Engagement and Support (EES).
1. Exercises primary responsibility over the accounting, reporting, budgeting, and monitoring of all financial matters for ARTF, ARPI, and EES. Ensures that generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), regulations governing not-for-profit corporations, and University policies and procedures are followed for managing, processing, and recording all transactions.
2. Develops, implements, and maintains fiscal policies and procedures, which ensure that generally accepted accounting principles, contractual agreements, federal and state regulations and Auburn University and ARTF/ARPI guidelines are employed. Regularly reviews and modifies internal controls as operations and systems evolve to ensure the integrity of financial data and the protection of assets.
3. Assists management on complex fiscal matters, budget considerations, and other fiscal matters related to ARTF/ARPI, including financing construction, calculates projections and other strategic financial matters. Oversees and assists with long-term financial planning, analytics, and performance modeling for future ventures and projects.
4. Oversees financial audits and tax return preparation for ARTF/ARPI with outside auditing firm including findings with auditors and development of management responses to findings and reporting to Auburn University BOT and ARTF BOD.
5. Provides accounting services and support to ARTF/ARPI management, (a nonprofit 501©(3) organization) and their Boards of Directors, such as finance committee reporting, audit, 990 tax return preparation, and other Board related financial reporting.
6. Provides direct supervision and guidance for the accounting staff including review of transactions and reports and compliance with controls.
7. Serves as the primary contact for communication with Auburn University Business Office and Accounting and outside accounting and audit firms.
Education Level Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
Field of Study
Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related.