Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Sr. Associate Director of Enrollment Data Systems, ERP
University of San Francisco
Sr. Associate Director of Enrollment Data Systems, ERP
The Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Data Systems uses data and system analysis to identify opportunities to improve business processes. The Senior Associate Director is the lead subject matter analyst in Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) systems and business processes that supports the USF Student Lifecycle. The Sr. AD collaborates with Undergraduate Admissions, Student Financial Services, The Office of the
Registrar, Graduate Enrollment, International Admissions, and Enrollment Communications within SEM to ensure proper data gathering and optimal Enrollment Management system usage in support of SEM's business functions. The Sr. AD is the leading divisional expert in of Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system's General, Student, and Financial Aid modules, the Degree Works student success tracking systems and other
technical tools and services SEM acquires for its business needs. The Sr. AD manages the support of SEM's use of Ellucian's Banner Student Information (SIS) system and is responsible for maximizing Banner Student and Financial Aid modules functionality to advance SEM's business goals. The Sr. AD also manages decision support services required by SEM leadership and staff including but not limited to data reporting via Slate, USF Operational Data Store (ODS), and Tableau. The Sr. AD works with the Center for Institutional Planning and Ef fectiveness (CIPE) to ensure data integrity and with the Information Technology Services (ITS) Project Management Office and ITS Application Services on technical solution evaluations and system implementations. The Sr. AD reports to the AVP of Integrated Enrollment Data Management. The Sr. AD is
responsible for supervising and developing one Assistant Directors' skillset and responsibilities as well as student workers in Enrollment Data Systems. The Sr. AD is expected to take a leadership role within the
Enrollment Data Systems team, to exercise independent and critical thinking, and to advise management and end users on the best way to implement and enhance technology to achieve strategic administrative and operational goals. Additionally, the Sr. AD provides best-practices guidance on Banner ERP use and functionality both to colleagues in SEM and the schools, colleges, and related student service offices. The Sr. AD is responsible for ensuring data integration provides optimal data accessibility and share use of enrollment data between SEM's systems functions efficiently.
Full Job Description:
- Lead and mentor Assistant Director and student worker(s) in SEM data and business processes in support of SEM's strategic goals.
- Prioritize and manage Enrollment Data Systems activities. Report statues regular to AVP, IEDM.
- Work closely with Director and Senior Associate Directors in Financial Aid for the annual review and implementation of the Financial Aid packaging scheme for new admits and continuing students.
- Create reports and support in monitoring the effectiveness of the FinAid packaging implementation, provide troubleshooting support and issue resolution.
- Work closely with Associate Registrars in leading Banner upgrades, migration, new version and/or functionality implementation.
- Provide support to Student Accounts including but not limited to operational reporting, data integrity, integration assistance between CashNet and Banner.
- Create reports and provide configuration support for Registrar's Office including but not limited to registration, grades, graduation, credit transfers set up and monitoring.
- Design assessment strategies to determine if business processes and technical solutions have achieved desired objectives.
- Manages Banner configuration, maintenance, updating, and data conflict resolution.
- Generate Reports and SQL programs for tabular and statistical reporting, as well as produce ad hoc reports for SEM.
- Provide proactive solutions to data collection issues through workflow analysis.
- Provide proactive recommendation to data collection enhancement.
- Keep current with new data collection, retrieval, and analysis tools and services to aid in the continuous improvement of SEM reporting needs and services.
- Participate in functions, events, and ceremonies managed by SEM.
- Proactively work with AVP, IDEM to use data and systems analysis to identify opportunities to improve business processes and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders in developing recommendations and/or solution.
- Take the lead in the creation of end-to-end test plans while executing and managing activities in the test plan to ensure that all objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Leverage knowledge of business process analysis methodology , processes, tools, and administration with strong emphasis on business improvement, standardization, documentation, and training.
- Review and understand user documentation and/or release notes from vendors as well as change requests within USF to analyze impact to SEM systems and operations. Recommend changes in policies and procedures as applicable.
- Draw on professional experience to help lead and mentor various teams including and not limited to training end users regarding any new functionalities and features included in upgrades, releases, and new solutions.
- Ensure data standards are widely known and used by all users of SEM systems.
- Administer budgetary approval for direct report.
- Support SEM analysis and forecasting efforts by coordinating with CIPE in the development and creation of critical dashboards, reports.
- Maintain expert knowledge of SEM systems and stay abreast of SEM data structures, report extraction techniques, and software solutions.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending conferences, training, and, participating in professional communities.
- Ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the student academic records by complying with FERPA and USF academic policies.
- Conduct Technology Tool Assessment; Create system documentation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8 years of experience working in a university enrollment management with at least 3 years of experience as the leading divisional expert in the Banner Student and Banner Financial Aid modules.
- Extensive knowledge of Banner SIS as well as business processes within the Office of the Registrar, Student Financial Aid, and Student Accounts. Ability to administer and configure Banner SIS as an expert user. Experience in Banner Student and Banner Financial Aid implementation.
- Knowledge of Banner Student and Banner Financial Aid data structure required.
- Knowledge of enrollment CRM and Admissions processes a plus.
- Advance skills in SQL for both reporting and Banner system configuration
- Outstanding customer service orientation. Must show characteristics of sound judgment based on information available to support good decision-making.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills; highly articulate in both verbal and written forms, translating complex technical concepts into non-technical language.
- Accountable and empowered - ability to take responsibility, self-start to ensure realization of SEM goals.
- Strong desire and aptitude to continue learning and broadening professional skills with SEM.
- Understanding of and the ability to apply Business Process Analysis techniques and methodologies. EX: capable of producing scope and requirements documentation, cost benefit analysis, and change requests, etc. Experience analyzing business processes to develop and implement proposals to enhance functionality.
- Proven problem solving skills with ability to assess a specific business scenario and develop an appropriate process and/or technical approach to support the desired business outcomes.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to understand systems and software as they relate to processes and data. Ability to analyze project dependencies to prioritize competing demands for business users and team members.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Ability to handle multiple complex work priorities; Ability to organize, plan, and work on projects with little to no supervision.
- Ability to act as project lead in a team environment. Ability to mentor and grow team members' skillset.
- Understanding of and commitment to University of San Francisco's Vision, Mission and Values.
- At least two to three years of progressive IT responsibility, particularly in a Banner student/admission/student accounts/financial aid environment and Slate enrollment CRM environment
Position could require occasional time spend at the SF Downtown location.
Position could require occasional work on nights and weekends for university functions and ceremonies.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Sr-Associate-Director-of-Enrollment-Data-Systems--ERP_R0000523.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |