The Office of Graduate Business Programs is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Career Services to join the Graduate Career Services team. This position provides individual and group career coaching and career development guidance for MBA, MS-Finance, MS-Information System, and MS-Supply Chain students to assist in making successful career path decisions and to ensure career readiness.
Auburn University’s Harbert College of Business offers nationally ranked full-time, online and executive master’s degree programs. The Graduate Business Programs office delivers and supports AACSB-accredited business administration (MBA), finance, supply chain, and information systems programs available both full-time and online. Also supported are executive and physicians executive MBA programs, as well as the Master of Real Estate Development program, all utilizing distance learning combined with a series of on-campus residencies. The Harbert College of Business currently serves more than 900 graduate business candidates across all graduate programs.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Auburn residents enjoy a thriving community with a low cost of living, recognized as one of the "best small towns in America," with easy access to major cities and vacation spots, and is situated along the rapidly developing I-85 corridor between Atlanta, Georgia, and Montgomery, Alabama.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Assist students with the development and execution of their career and intern search plans to ensure timely preparations in order to drive successful career outcomes.
- Collaborates with the director on vision and execution of all career coaching, related student development-focused activities, teaching assignments, and assessment.
- Provide leadership in setting and enforcing coaching policies and standards.
- Instructs or assists in delivering all sections of on-campus advanced professional development courses offered to graduate students in order to ensure learning outcomes are met.
- Assist with the development and delivery of Professional Development programming.
- Assist with the development and execution of graduate student career events and case competition program.
- Develops surveys and other data collection tools in support of Graduate Career Services programs and will lead the collection and analysis of learning and career outcomes data in preparation for submission to multiple ranking organizations.
- Participates in assessment and strategic planning for Graduate Career Services with emphasis on student learning outcomes and supporting the mission of the College and the university.