Practice Area Leader, Women's Leadership
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
For more information on Simmons University, please visit our website.
The Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership is dedicated to developing the mindset and skills of leaders of all ages in order to foster gender parity and influence inclusive cultures. The Institute Practice Area Leader for Women and Leadership is responsible for ensuring alignment of content on the Simmons approach to women and leadership and organize and prioritize the ways in which Simmons University Institute for Inclusive Leadership supports women to lead at all stages of their life.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Simmons University Institute of Inclusive Leadership, the Practice Area Leader will manage the women's leadership specific partnerships for all programming including the leadership conference and bridge the great work of our non-profit and for-profit partnerships in a way that leverages common missions.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs, and other academic leadership, on the development and implementation of leadership programming through coursework and elsewhere;
- Lead field research projects and own the thorough understanding of the global women's leadership landscape;
- Develop a vast network of experts that can help create and disseminate inspiring content and collaborate with Simmons University faculty to offer the best and latest thinking on women's leadership;
- Lead program design strategy for convenings such that they continue to be topically relevant and forward-thinking;
- Share in partner development and engagement activities;
- Alongside other Simmons experts, serve as practice ambassador through writing, speaking, non-profit partner board work and other affiliate group memberships;
- Support the One Simmons mission to align the best of 100 years of thinking on the major issues facing girls and women today, and launch helpful thought leadership.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree in a relative discipline preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 10 years of relative professional experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in content areas related to women's leadership;
- Substantive experience leading the growth of a business or area of expertise, creating alignment and clarity;
- Extensive experience working with a variety of stakeholders and effectively influencing and negotiating with affiliate and other talent;
- Proven expertise or degree in the work of women's leadership;
- Experience in a combination of professional services and in higher education preferred;
- Proven strength in skills pertaining to relationship management, influencing, collaboration and communication;
- Current with the latest trends and best practices in women's leadership;
- Project management skills, including the ability to multitask and execute on short timelines with superior attention to detail;
- Comfort in navigating from strategic leader to tactical doer.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Practice-Area-Leader--Women-s-Leadership_R06864
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.