The Mayborn School of Journalism seeks a highly motivated public relations and marketing specialist responsible for planning and creating all communication and marketing for the School and the Mayborn Conference. This includes the annual report, e-newsletters, brochures, flyers and other collateral. Manages the content of the MSOJ website and other digital products including all social media. This position also plans and executes special events for the school, in addition to managing the logistics and event-management portion of the Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Conference.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience in communications, marketing, advertising, or public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding.
- Ability to think creatively and identify new integrated marketing opportunities.
- Ability to understand and effectively translate market research and other data.
- Extensive knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Ability to visually inspect products in multiple formats and assess and improve.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of others.
- Proficiency in MS Office and requisite publishing, graphic design, and media tools.