To be successful in this role, you must be a dynamic leader able to meet the competing priorities of resource management (including fiscal oversight, facilities management, network and user support), workforce planning, and policy implementation and compliance. As a member of the vice president’s leadership team, the successful candidate must be capable of working collaboratively and communicating effectively to drive decision making and problem resolution.
Your typical duties will include:
- management of all University Advancement accounts
- review of allocations and periodic adjustment of resources, and fiscal forecasting in a changing economic environment.
- monitor and make fiscal adjustments for workforce changes.
- oversight of divisional space/facilities, space inventory and assignments, and rehab projects and moves.
- policy implementation, data analysis, and budgetary projections, providing data and reports as required.
- staff supervision and assessment.
Your ability to work collaboratively with a diverse constituency is critical, as you will interface with University Advancement colleagues and other university staff on a regular basis.
The successful candidate must be capable of communicating complex financial information (in writing, verbally and graphically) at the department and university levels. The position title level will be determined based on the level of experience you bring to the position.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution with five years of progressively responsible experience managing and administering a successful business services program in a complex and distributed organization.
- Direct experience coordinating budget planning activities and designing business systems and processes in a large, complex organization.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse community of colleagues to ensure effective budget planning, development and implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner and with precision.
- Familiarity with facilities management and space requirements.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.