Vice President for Advancement
Academic Career & Executive Search is assisting Presentation College with a search for Vice President for Advancement (VPA).
Presentation College seeks a strategic, results-driven leader with a track record of success developing long-term relationships with key stakeholders and alumni as well as the external and internal community.
The College’s next Vice President for Advancement will be an accomplished and articulate leader with a history of success as a senior development professional and will be responsible for the planning and execution of all programs to engage and solicit philanthropic support. The VPA will develop, execute and manage a strategic plan to increase fundraising and gift giving. The next VPA will be well-versed in current trends and best practices as it relates to the achievement of the College’s advancement goals.
The successful candidate is an effective communicator who can clearly articulate the values, benefits and mission of Presentation College.
The Vice President for Advancement reports to the president and serves on the president’s leadership team, working closely and collaborating with other senior leaders and the board of trustees to provide strategic direction on advancement matters. The Vice President for Advancement maintains administrative responsibility for all advancement activities including policies, procedures and personnel for the Office of University Advancement.
Individuals with direct experience in leading charitable foundations, donor supported and driven organizations, or other higher education positions with ties to advancement will also be considered.
- Oversee planning and implementation of major gifts campaigns.
- Maintain an annual giving campaign with all constituencies of the College.
- Develop and maintain major partnerships with College.
- Build alumni engagement and giving.
- Maintain an active Planned Giving campaign.
- Complete and monitor the marketing plan for the College and donor relations in collaboration with the VP for * Enrollment and Marketing.
- Ensure a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between the College * and its publics and maintains a favorable public image of the College.
- Maintain the stewardship function of the advancement area.
- Coordinate special events and annual celebrations of the College.
- Provide for the maintenance and safe storage of all records and files pertinent to the advancement functions and activities.
- Oversee the annual publication of the Annual Report and College Magazine.
- Maintain a relevant and up to date website page for advancement activities.
- Coordinate completion of grants to support College projects and programs
- Assume other delegated duties assigned by the President.
- Bachelors degree
- Progressively responsible experience as an administrator and leader of development/advancement programs
- Experience in fundraising, grant development and public relations
- Strength in the field of development management
- Understanding of current best practices and compliance related to advancement work
- Demonstrated knowledge of current fundraising trends and tools
- Highly motivated and goal orientated
- Highly organized
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must believe in, and persuasively articulate the mission and values of Presentation College
- A Master’s or terminal degree
- Working knowledge of higher education institutions
About Presentation College:
Founded in 1951 in Aberdeen, South Dakota, Presentation College (PC) focuses on career- directed undergraduate and graduate programs of study in three academic divisions: Health and Natural Science, Nursing, and Social Science and Humanities. Students are part of a diversified higher education experience with emphasis on critical thinking, analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and effective communication skills. Presentation College is a faith-based institution in the Catholic tradition.
Presentation College has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and School since 1971. Academic discipline-specific national accreditations include: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, and Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
The College has undergone significant improvements since the arrival of Dr. Margaret Huber in 2012. The most recent, in 2017, a new $1.5 million health professions simulation center. This facility revolutionizes how PC healthcare majors learn to provide high quality patient care.
Living in Aberdeen, South Dakota:
The third largest city in South Dakota, Aberdeen offers undeniable beauty in a town small enough to know your neighbors but large enough to offer all the amenities and resources of a small city. Aberdeen has numerous restaurants, shopping, amusement parks and theaters. Miles of outdoor trails, parks, golf courses and sports complexes provide everything for the outdoor enthusiast. Considered a college town, Aberdeen is home to Presentation College and Northern State University.
The area offers a friendly Midwestern feel with the added benefits of low unemployment and crime rates, no state income tax and a median home price of $150,000. The area boasts 199 sunny days per year with highs in July of 84 and lows in January of 2. Within the city is the airport making travel extremely convenient.
Aberdeen is an ideal place to live and raise a family with good school systems and many parks available.
Presentation College is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV. Please apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyrf96r
Inquiries, referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to Jennifer Muller at Academic Career & Executive Search: Jennifer@ACESrch.com.