The Associate Director, Proposal Services & Faculty Support designs and implements appropriately targeted education and training programs covering all aspects of sponsored programs management and compliance designed to engage the faculty in the development of competitive grant and contract applications.
This is an internal posting. Non-temporary Auburn University or Auburn University Montgomery employees are eligible to apply.
- Responsible for assisting faculty in generating effective and fundable extramural proposals through identification of funding opportunities and the facilitation of the proposal process.
- Oversees the design and administration of contract and grant educational programs to implement regulations, policies and procedures appropriate for the audience assuring consistency with institutional research and training goals.
- Offers guidance to others in the review of financial and administrative management requirements of contract and grant proposals.
- Provides counsel to researchers regarding proposal preparation and advises principal investigators on how to maintain appropriate stewardship of funded grants.
- Coordinates the appropriate and required institutional reviews and approvals and works with principal investigators to ensure timely submissions of information.
About Auburn: Auburn was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-for-auburn.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.