Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Georgia Southern University
Georgia Southern University
Residence Life. The Resident Director manages day-to-day operations of a residence hall(s) to create and manage an effective living-learning environment for students; coordinates and administers aspects of a residential learning program in one residence hall; and is responsible for establishing an environment conducive to the academic success and personal grown of each student resident. The Resident Director is a 12-month, live-in position. The compensation package includes a two bedroom furnished apartment and meal plan. A detailed job description can be found at (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kMQ4yJmzliqthMSPfFiNvT2xmE4edId2/view?usp=sharing
- Monitors and coordinates room change and occupancy processes in residence hall(s) in collaboration with Administrative Services.
- Coordinates process for opening and closing of the residence hall(s) in collaboration with Administrative Services.
- Manages the building's budget for programming and student leadership activities as outlined by the Residential Curriculum model.
- Responds to crisis situations as they arise in the building or with residents.
- Works cooperatively with facilities staff to ensure the safety, cleanliness, and upkeep of the residence hall(s).
- Adjudicates conduct cases involving potential violations of University and Housing policies, utilizing online student conduct manager software.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates undergraduate student staff and graduate assistants.
- Assists with the selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of Graduate Assistants, Resident Advisors and Desk Assistants.
- Maintains a high level of contact with students by being visible throughout buildings in complex on a regular basis and establishing regular office hours in assigned residence hall.
- Assists with training workshops and in-service programs throughout the year.
- Investigates and reports incidents.
- Serves on or provides leadership for one or more Residence Education or University Housing committees (i.e., staff selection, staff training, recognition committee).
- Works in accordance with University policies, department procedures, and state and federal regulation according to departmental and university guidelines.
- Serves as essential personnel and maintains availability outside of normal business hours.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required:
Masters Degree in Higher Education, Counseling, Student Services or related field by May 31, 2020
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?:
Minimum Experience Required:
Three or more years of related work experience; experience in a residence hall environment
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
Job Open Date:
Job Closing Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: https://employment.georgiasouthern.edu/postings/65241
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |