Associate Director of Major Gifts
Identify and solicit philanthropic gifts to support Georgia Southern's student-athletes. Serve as member of Georgia Southern University Athletics Foundation. Identify, cultivate, and solicit major gifts. Build relationships with key individuals, corporations, and foundations for the benefit of Georgia Southern Athletics. Promote growth of revenue through innovative programming and marketing within Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation. Assist Senior Associate Athletic Director of Development in creating and managing a collaborative environment promoting teamwork between Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation, Department of Athletics, University Advancement, and greater Georgia Southern community.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit major gifts at $25K-$1M level
- Manage a prospect portfolio of approximately 150 donors
- Build relationships with key individuals, corporations, and foundations and participate in support of fundraising activities and events by various organizations for benefit of Georgia Southern Athletics
- Promote growth of revenue through innovative programming and marketing within Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation
- Meet all prescribed metrics for donor visits, solicitations, and gifts per year
- Identify and solicit major gifts for capital campaign/projects
- Help plan and execute stewardship events for major gift donors and prospects
- Participate in athletic development events (i.e., home football game activities, on and off-campus donor events) that attract significant major gift donor presence
- Represent Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by interacting well with donors, fans, alumni, and community members
- Participation in relevant inter-departmental external teams
- Assist in development and implementation of future campaigns and fund raising projects
- Assist in day-to-day operations of athletic foundation
- Participate in support of fundraising activities and events by various organizations
Five (5) or more years of related work experience
Commensurate with experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Competency and demonstrated experience in higher education fundraising
- Competency and experience with appropriate computer technologies including office productivity, internet, donor tracking and management software
- Maintain institutional integrity through compliance of NCAA, conference and University policies, rules, and regulations
- Knowledge of practices, principles, and methods of fundraising and general fund management
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
Apply Before Date
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving
July 16, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Work generally performed in office environment and at outdoor events
- Workweek often extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Travel required
Standard and Education Verification
3900310201-Extramural Physical Activities
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=219131&PostingSeq=1