Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Human Resources and Strategic Initiatives
Stevens Institute of Technology
Stevens HR is looking for a dynamic leader to serve as the new Director of Human Resources and Strategic Initiatives. This role will help Stevens continue its transformation into a destination employer that delivers superior employee experiences. The Director reports to the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources and provides expertise in the following areas: total rewards, employee relations, and HR compliance. You’ll be an advocate of Stevens’s culture and values, partnering with our campus leaders to help them build their divisions and make sure all people decisions are based on data. Whether executing strategic objectives related to our people and culture or evaluating needs for early intervention across culture practices, you are exceptionally focused on putting our people first and being as clear and transparent as possible to help the Stevens community understand how people decisions get made. This role includes a hybrid work schedule.
- Provide expertise in the following areas: total rewards, employee relations, and HR compliance.
- Solve challenges and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex. Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions.
- Identity and surface trends in qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health, and understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions. Interpret complex analyses and tie them back to strategic priorities.
- Manage implementation of initiatives designed to enhance the employee experience.
- Ensure organizational compliance with current legislative requirements.
- Engage with HR business partners, managers, and employees to objectively resolve employee relations matters consistent with university policies/practices.
- Collaborate with human resource partners to plan, problem-solve, and create new initiatives that utilize technology to improve HR business processes across the HR division, including career planning, performance management, human resource information systems (HRIS), coaching, data analysis, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development to further division initiatives and special projects.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business is required. A Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources is preferred.
Training, Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- A combination of progressive HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role in the following areas: benefits, compensation planning, employee relations, and HR compliance.
- Demonstrated HR experience in organizational design, succession planning, business consulting, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, and data analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated business acumen to drive organizational and people-related strategies and outcomes
- Workday HCM experience is strongly preferred
- High attention to detail, ability to multitask, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships with leaders and stakeholders to drive organizational change
- Persuasion and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking part in complex strategy discussions
- Successful track record leading multi-year organizational change efforts
- Strong sense of collaboration, responsibility, accountability, and enthusiasm
Hybrid work schedule
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |