FEWSION Program Director
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We-faculty, staff, and administrators-thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
Manages performance and compliance on the sponsored projects and other critical operations of the FEWSION Center (TFC). Performs project management duties including budgets, development, team coordination, scheduling, reporting, managing meetings, communications, and quality management to assure the effectiveness and performance of the program in response to the contractual requirements of key stakeholders, clients, and sponsors.
Leadership & Program Planning - 30%
- Provide advanced functional direction in accordance with program goals and objectives.
- Work with the FEWSION project Directors and Lead Investigators to provide direction and integrative coordination in the planning, development, and implementation of project-related work.
- Support the FEWSION project Directors in all decision making related to the project.
- Assure effective progress towards program goals in a timely manner.
Program & Partner Coordination - 55%
- Coordinate reporting on program deliverables and outcomes to project sponsors
- Lead routine communications with clients and partners
- Ensure that all external partners are included in timely communications
Financial Oversight & Program Compliance - 10%
- Advise funding allocation decisions across functional areas and institutional organizations; oversee budget management and finance
- Develop annual budgets for the program and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Supervise efforts of a unit specialist dedicated to program support and coordination.
- Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the program, ensuring compliance with university, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
Other - 5%
- Apply advanced ability in work design, project management, financial planning, and goal development and remain knowledgeable and up-to-date to develop and maintain efficient program operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field; AND
- 3-5 years of program management experience; AND
- 5-7 years of relevant experience; AND
- Holds a relevant and current Project Management Certification.
- Experience must include experience managaging eight figure (or larger) projects Experiencand experience managing U.S. federal government sponsored projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a STEM field, preferably Engineering or Computer Science
- Veteran of U.S. military service
- Experience managing university or laboratory research projects
- Security clearance or the qualifications to obtain one if required
- Experience working in a university laboratory environment
- Experience supervising compliance with federal contracting and reporting requirements
- Experience building and coordinating teams comprising 10-100 people and 5+ organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of organizational and management practices and principles.
- Program development and execution.
- Budget preparation and forecasting.
- Coordination of activities, evaluating data and establishing priorities.
- Developing and implementing new strategies and re-engineering operations and procedures.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Works independently.
- Communicates effectively.
- Develops and implements funding strategies and programs.
- Provides functional or technical guidance and leadership.
- Plans, develops, and implements short and long-term goals.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Salary range begins at $72,445. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service
. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of employment.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
July 28, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606442&PostingSeq=1