Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director, Advancement Planning and Analysis (0658U), Advancement Information Services - 43665
University of California, Berkeley
Associate Director, Advancement Planning and Analysis (0658U), Advancement Information Services - 43665
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
At UC Berkeley, we believe that learning is a fundamental part of working, and our goal is for everyone on the Berkeley campus to feel supported and equipped to realize their full potential. We actively support this by providing all of our staff employees with at least 80 hours (10 days) of paid time per year to engage in professional development activities. To find out more about how you can grow your career at UC Berkeley, visit grow.berkeley.edu.
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more.
Advancement Information Services Unit Overview
Advancement Information Services (AIS) analyzes, manages, and advises on technology, data management, analytics, and reporting for cross-departmental projects and initiatives for University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR). AIS is currently focused on scaling our teams, process maturity, data, infrastructure, and technology to enable the campus advancement community to meet campaign objectives and create the foundation for lasting and sustainable success. The Associate Director, Advancement Planning & Analysis instrumental in achieving these objectives by participating in and sometimes leading the analysis effort of projects from initiation through completion; tasks can include conducting: fit gap analysis, requirements and risk assessments, production-readiness planning, and working closely with the Data Quality & Management, Information Strategy & Analytics, and IT teams in AIS.
Advancement Planning and Analysis Team Overview
The Advancement Planning and Analysis (APA) group in Advancement Information Services (AIS) serves as the central project management and business analysis resource within UDAR. APA provides the expertise that enables the successful management and execution of IT projects and operational initiatives that fulfill the University's philanthropic mission. APA develops next generation solutions to enhance advancement operations campus-wide and provides strategic planning and decision support to the campus development and alumni relations community.
Analyzes large-scale business processes and problems; documents business needs and process flow; undertakes gap analysis and develops solutions involving the use of computer systems, improved business processes, and information flow to manage data; creates specifications for systems and processes to meet requirements; validates requirements against needs; works closely with business clients and Information Technology to develop business solutions; plans and executes implementation, and coordinates acceptance testing. May lead cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues; collaborates with subject-matter experts to help ensure systems and processes meet diverse requirements of campus fundraising programs and that data is accurate and up-to-date. Manages the outcome of specific projects with a defined beginning and end; monitors projects from initiation through delivery; organizes interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Provides business analysis documentation; responsible for designing and developing reports to support decision making and meet operational and programmatic data needs.
- Top level contributor and leader with business and technical expertise in the area of advancement business processes and systems. Responsible for performing the most complex and advanced tasks relating to formulating systems scope and requirements relative to the organization's business objectives. Provides technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Directs, analyzes and prepares specifications for systems having critical, campus-wide impact.
- Consults with various clients regarding business priorities to solve the most complex technical problems related to advancement systems. Regularly leads analyses, determining methods and procedures on new assignments. Independently performs the most complex analysis of system issues and creates detailed requirements and technical specifications.
- Acts independently or may lead cross-functional teams responsible for providing analysis, technical expertise, user support, business process redesign, and implementation services. Provides leadership and mentors other members of the department.
- Must have expert knowledge relating to the design and development of diverse and complex systems and applications.
- Requires expert knowledge of complex enterprise system management and implementation.
- Requires expert skills associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture with demonstrated experience in operations analysis, data management best practices, and business intelligence.
- Requires expert knowledge of business analysis functions.
- High level strategic thinking skills and critical attention to detail a must.
- Experience developing queries using SQL or comparable tools.
- Requires knowledge of fundraising concepts and practices.
- Requires high level interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Expertise with risk identification and mitigation.
- Experience with SDLC.
- Strong interviewing, facilitation, and presentation skills a must.
- Comfortable organizing and conducting user training and input sessions.
- Comfortable interacting with higher education advancement peers and technology vendors.
- Comfortable conducting complex assessments and preparatory work for vendor bids and subsequent implementations.
- Documentation and implementation samples.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience as a supervisor in a large and complex organization.
- Professional experience managing Ellucian Advance.
- Professional experience managing Salesforce CRM.
- Professional experience with current industry trends in IT.
- Professional experience with current industry trends in advancement and philanthropy.
- Professional experience with Higher Education.
- Professional experience working with PeopleSoft Financials.
- Knowledge of campus and system-wide fundraising and financial processes and procedures.
- Experience and interest in technical project management best practices.
Salary & Benefits
- This is an exempt, monthly paid position, eligible for UC benefits.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- This is a 100% remote eligible position, with hybrid preferred.
- Under California law, the University of California, Berkeley is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary outside of the range posted in this job announcement. This range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to experience, skills, knowledge, abilities, education, licensure and certifications, analysis of internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be offered a salary at or near the top of the range for a position. Salary offers are determined based on final candidate qualifications and experience. The budgeted annual salary range that the University reasonably expects to pay for this position is $112,100 - $ 216,700.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment in the Resume section of your application.
Please include, as part of your application a brief (1-2 paragraph) statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in your professional experience.
Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our UC Berkeley Principles of Community, which states that "every member of the UC Berkeley community has a role in sustaining a safe, caring, and humane environment in which these values can thrive."
The minimum posting duration of this position is 14 calendar days. The department will not initiate the application review process prior to October 20, 2022. Department will review applications on a rolling basis. Job will remain open until filled.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=43665&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |