The School of Dental Medicine’s Information Technology (SDM IT)
is looking for a Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics.
This position is responsible for directing a small team in supporting and helping to implement the School of Dental Medicine (SDM)
information analysis, reporting, and decision support strategy in alignment with the SDM
academic, service, and research mission. Using a variety of analytic tools, the Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics will develop and effectively present useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources that leads to accurate and appropriate interpretation of the data.
The Director of Business Intelligence and Analytics will:
- Lead the development of sophisticated and complex reports in support of customer requests.
- Participate in gathering needs/requests and work with senior leadership for guidance on information strategy, vision, and priorities.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a stable, efficient, and high-performance analytic and reporting platform.
- Develop methodologies and programs for analyzing and presenting data.
- Assist in evaluating data quality, applications and functions. Identify data quality issues for review and resolution.
- Identify and evaluate analytical tools and related new technologies; contribute to new product development and improvement in product delivery and presentation.
- Provide user support for Business Intelligence and Analytic products, including helping users navigate and understand reports.
- Serve as an effective liaison between the technical team and the stakeholders.
Work hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This IT position is in a 24×7 business environment and may require occasional scheduled and unscheduled work during non-business hours, including evenings and/or weekends.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree with 3 years of experience
- Five years of analytic and decision support reporting in a large organization
- experience in the healthcare field reporting
- extensive expertise in logical and physical data modeling
- Proficiency in Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Cognos, Pentaho, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Tableau