Associate Director, Student Aid & Financial Literacy Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Student Aid & Financial Literacy Office
Administrative Exempt Positions
Process financial aid applications for all entering and renewal applicants; assess eligibility for financial aid; assist in administrating federal, state and institutional aid to students and families; maintain communications with other departments on and off campus; participate in professional organizations and counsel students and families.
- Advise students and parents, as well as on/off campus constituencies about financial aid opportunities, procedures, college policies and eligibility requirements for aid. Must have the ability to interact with students and parents calmly and graciously under difficult, interpersonal situations and be capable of explaining complex and confusing regulations to students and parents.
- Analyze, evaluate and verify confidential information on students application material for the purpose of determining levels and sources of assistance. Base decisions upon WPI, federal and state policies governing aid distribution.
- Manage and award Veteran Benefits (i.e. Post 9/11, Yellow Ribbon) and ROTC funding to prospective and current undergraduate and graduate students.
- Communicate and work closely with internal and external partners as it relates to Veteran Benefits and ROTC funding.
- Interaction with Bursars Office and Financial Services Office to assist in reconciling students charges and credits
- Responsible for reviewing and managing noncustodial parent PROFILE waiver requests for incoming first year and transfer students.
- Resolve unofficial records, C flags, and error messages for all FAFSA records throughout the academic year
- Assist office with taking on additional work on a temporary basis during times of staff shortages.
- Process aid adjustments for non-returnees, reduced course loads and students with enrollment changes throughout the academic year.
- Assist office with search process for new staff hires (i.e. applicant review, interviews, and evaluations of candidates)
- Assist office with training new team members hires
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree
- Posses excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse population both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use sound judgment when communication with students, parents, colleagues and external agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Possess a comfort level with software applications and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Exhibits ability and willingness to contribute to an enthusiastic, positive work environment
- As appropriate, demonstrate ability to mentor/train junior staff
- 3-5 years experience working in a financial aid office is strongly preferred
- Management of student assistance awards and familiarity with financial aid computer software systems preferably SCT Banner System
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications and Salesforce CRM platform
- Must be able and willing to work overtime during peak times, especially during the file review periods
- Willing to work at WPI events during non-business hours
- Hours of work: 8:00 am 5:00 pm, Monday Friday. Position is an exempt staff position which requires a minimum of 40 hours per week
- SOFTSKILLS REQUIRED:
Sense of humor
Sensitivity towards others
Responsive and responsible
Ability to receive constructive feedback
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5901