Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Operations
Simmons University is looking for a Director of Operations (Director) to join the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences (College). Reporting to the Dean, the Director will play an essential role in the development and implementation of the College's strategies, policies and practices, including overseeing the operational and support services within the College. From driving best practices across the College to advancing excellence in the delivery of service, the Director will build and foster a collegial and inclusive environment by integrating continuous improvement and ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Director will serve as a key member of the Academic Operations team led by the Associate Provost. A successful contributor in this position will be strategic, intentional, and adaptable and a strong advocate for students, faculty, staff, and the University. As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and have proven experience successfully working with individuals across a broad spectrum of identities and perspectives.
- Oversee and manage the annual budgeting and planning process, ensuring alignment with the strategic goals of the College;
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets, including monitoring progress and changes;
- Analyze budget projections to inform and improve objectives for leadership;
- Regularly report on spending and revenue relative to projections to the Dean;
- Collaborate with the Dean and Department Chairs to ensure financial integrity, productivity, and alignment with College initiatives;
- Oversee budget(s), faculty appointments, faculty searches, resource deployment, and data acquisition and analysis to inform decisions.
- Set operational strategy for the College, in partnership with the Dean, to achieve the goals of the College and the University, with a focus on the student experience, fiscal responsibility, operational efficiency, process improvement, and performance management;
- Manage and oversee academic and operational processes and procedures, including the allocation of staff and other resources;
- In collaboration with the Dean, oversee and manage both procedural and compliance best practices for hiring, onboarding, and deployment of faculty and staff;
- Coordinate general facility maintenance and/or space renovations, collaborating with facilities and other campus partners;
- Manage the availability and functionality of technology and facility resources necessary for the academic and operational needs of the College;
- Represent the College in campus-wide academic and operational projects.
Assessment, Reporting, Planning
- Assess needs and manage academic staffing;
- Lead, manage, and develop staff members by managing performance, outcomes, and inclusivity best practices;
- Develop actionable goals and development plans tied to strategic goals of the College and University;
- Foster and maintain a culture of continuous feedback, coaching and engagement, encouraging professional and personal growth.
Qualifications & Skills
- Develop and maintain documentation of the institutional effectiveness system;
- Support academic programs and educational/administrative support units in conducting assessment, i.e. planning, implementation, data analysis and reporting;
- Develop resource materials to assist faculty/staff to improve assessment practices and maximize the use of evaluation results;
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor of Arts required;
- Minimum 8-10 years of professional work experience, preferably with a minimum of 3-5 years in position(s) involving a significant volume of progressive operational and project management responsibilities;
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience;
- Experience in higher education preferred;
- Strong business acumen and previous budget oversight experience;
- Ability and experience extracting and converting data into business information;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders;
- Demonstrated leader with experience building teams, managing with integrity and influence, and holding constituents accountable;
- Ability to handle difficult situations and resolve conflicts;
- Excellent organizational skills with particular ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and competing interests;
- Strong strategic thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to proactively identify opportunities and risks;
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google Applications, along with an aptitude and interest in learning new tools and software.
- Cover letter (letter of interest)
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Director-of-Operations_R06089
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |