The Mathematics Department at Tufts University has vibrant undergraduate and graduate programs, offering BA and BS degrees in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, and MS and PhD degrees in Mathematics.
We have an array of active student groups, department colloquia, and several weekly research seminars. Our faculty's research spans many areas of pure and applied mathematics, and we offer a wide array of courses at all levels.
What You'll Do
The Senior Department Administrator serves as the primary contact and manages medium to large academic department with moderately complex operations including sponsored research. The Senior Department Administrator will also :
- Independently represent the department, faculty and programs to university and external community and may communicate on behalf of Chair.
- Manage department administration, finances, and operations; faculty, student and academic service.
- Manage one or more support staff employees.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years' experience
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite, excellent communication, time management, analytical, organizational and customer service skills
- Strong budget and financial management experience
- Familiarity with federal, state, and institutional guidelines for research and other types of restricted funding
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This is a hybrid position with the expectation of 3 days in the office and 2 days of remote work. The specific schedule will be determined with conversation between staff and the Department Chair.
Minimum $38.70, Midpoint $46.05, Maximum $53.40
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.