Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Campus Operations
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University is seeking a Director Campus Operations. Working closely with the Assistant Vice President of Facilities. The Director of Campus Operations will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing administrative and operational guidance to the facilities and maintenance department.
General Statement of Job:
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the buildings, grounds, fixtures, and equipment of the facility. Leads a team that provides operational expertise in services while providing hands on execution management of operations. Builds, develops, and leads the custodial, maintenance and grounds management team and staff capable of carrying out organizational objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan Intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Manages compliance with all local state and federal regulation and codes, and maintains all associated records and reports
- Creates a great employee work environment and inspires teamwork and partnership at all levels - internally and externally
- Areas of responsibility may include areas/departments: maintenance, facilities, materials management, housekeeping, event setup, and campus moves.
- Oversee general building maintenance including plumbing, carpentry, painting, roofing, minor repairs, and electrical work
- Ensure preventative maintenance is completed on all equipment
- Ensure the facility is in a sanitary, attractive, safe, orderly condition and in compliance with all regulatory standards and accreditation requirements
- Ensure proper operations and maintenance of water systems, emergency electrical systems, sewage systems, primary electrical systems, telephone systems, fire alarm systems and heating and cooling systems
- Develop facility maintenance plans, timetables for completion and recommendations for maintenance projects
- Serve as project manager for small scale, short duration projects
- Respond to facility fire and disaster situations immediately and assist per emergency plans
- Responsible for developing, managing, and adhering to University operations budgets.
- Responsible for the co-creation with AVP of Facilities & Procurement key performance indicators to drive excellence.
- Response for work order system, as well as prompt customer service level response.
- Inspects plant and evaluates use of space and facilities
- Coordinate outside service vendors/contractors and maintenance staff to complete projects as assigned/necessary
- Acts as liaison between departments, customers, clients, employees, and subcontractors
- Ensures that all staff are properly trained in partnership with the Training & Safety Manager.
- With the AVP of Facilities & Procurement, participate in the development of long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements for program/process improvements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Responsible for recommending projects which can be completed by using campus resources or outside contractors due to the project scope and/or cost.
- Responsible for possessing a moderate level of expertise in skilled trades which include, hvac, electrical, plumbing. locksmith and carpentry.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on customer services
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness, and quality of work.
- Highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
- Ability to identify and problem solve in an effective manner
- Must be able to utilize data to inform and implement decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and leadership
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |