Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Campus Renewal
The Operations Division serves four Tufts University campuses: the Medford/Somerville campus, the Boston Health Sciences campus, the Boston School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts, and the Grafton campus - together encompassing 275 buildings and approximately 5.8 million gross square feet. The division comprises of Campus Planning, Capital Renewal, Capital Projects, Real Estate, Facilities and Engineering Services, Dining, Auxiliary Services, and Public Safety. Together, these teams support and advance strategic goals for the University’s research and educational mission, vision, and values.
What You'll Do
The Director of Campus Renewal is a critical role for the University. This integral position is responsible for developing strategies for identifying, prioritizing, and costing critical capital renewal needs (buildings, building systems and envelope, landscape, hardscape, infrastructure, and utilities) in support of the university’s teaching, research and clinical practice missions and sustainability goals. This role will be required to develop a data driven program designed to support prioritization around the renewal of the University’s infrastructure. This position will work closely with Facilities, Campus Planning, Capital Programs, and the University’s different business units to develop a multi-year infrastructure renewal plan.
- Creates and implements a strategic renewal plan that operates in unison with facility condition, individual business units, and University's strategic plan. Accountable for leading, developing, and managing the planning for Tufts University’s renewal program and sets goals, objectives, and standards in support of the university’s mission and priorities.
- Creates an effective and collaborative governance structure for developing: the 10-year capital renewal funding plan, processes, data toolset, protocols and documentation for assessment, prioritization, and decision-making; and resource optimization for renewal with a big-picture and value-based approach.
- Integrates carbon neutrality goals into all facility, equipment, and infrastructure renewals, working closely with colleagues in the Operations Division and the Office of Sustainability.
- Manages the renewal budget and indirect budget activities in a fiscally responsibility way. Develops a robust, collaborative process and system for cost estimating, reviewing priorities, and fair and consistent renewal fund allocation strategy across assets on all four campuses.
- Collaborates with colleagues across Operations and in other divisions on analyses and management of campus infrastructure including utility systems, athletics fields, landscape, parking, etc. Maintains strong working relationships on all four campuses with facilities directors, facilities engineering, campus planners and schools’ representatives to discuss and determine priorities.
- Tracks and benchmarks against industry trends and recommends best practices for Tufts in assessing asset conditions, managing data, and developing and implementing priorities. Includes best practices in preventive and corrective maintenance, supporting and leading the modernization of existing assets.
- Reports on facility conditions for all buildings in the University portfolio across all 4 campuses.
- Clearly communicates goals and desired outcomes to a variety of audiences including Senior Leadership through quantitative and qualitative analyses, graphics, and presentations.
- Manages professional planning staff. Establishes goals, coaches, monitors, and appraises performance, and ensures developmental opportunities.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 10+ years of experience
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- High level of skill in strategic thinking and ability to make sense of complex data and decision making with an understanding of impact on the larger organization
- Ability to be collaborative, creative, supportive, and thoughtful in problem-solving, considering the diverse and occasionally conflicting needs and perspectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks and responsbilities
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership and collaborative experience in a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated ability, and commitment to work effectively in, a culturally diverse and inclusive environment and to value and respect different perspectives
- Outstanding business and financial analytics acumen, fiscal management, and accountability
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, both verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Excellent Proficiency in Excel, database manipulation, and similar computer-based tools
- Familiarity with local Building Codes, Massachusetts Architectural Access Building Regulations, Life Cycle Analysis, and Facilities Maintenance
- Professional related licenses and/or certifications
- Advanced/Master’s degree in related field
- Experience working at a higher educational institution and/or non-profits, or a private firm serving institutional clients
- Experience managing team of staff members, both internal and external consultants and working on multiple projects in differing stages at one time
- High level of understanding of design, construction, project management, planning, operations, maintenance, and contract analysis/evaluation
- Understanding of HVAC equipment and systems, linear infrastructure, decarbonization planning, implementation and incentive rebates is beneficial
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, GIS, and facilities management systems (CMMS)
Minimum $149,800.00, Midpoint $187,250.00, Maximum $224,700.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |