Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Honors
Alcorn State University
- The Director of Honors will be responsible for developing an innovative and intellectually challenging Honors program while wearing the hat of the Honda Challenge captain as well as major tasks that will include coordinating the Honors convocation and serving on the Graduation committee.
- The Director of Honors will also be responsible for the development, planning, and recruitment of students for the Honors program, advising honor students who have not declared a major, and monitoring Honor students’ progress toward completion of Honor requirements for graduation and Honors eligibility.
- Additionally, the Director of Honors is responsible for the program budget and providing supervisory oversight for the Administrative Assistant and student workers that are assigned to the Department.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Develops and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, internal; controls for assigned program areas,
- Understands trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to this position,
- Plans, organizes, and directs the operations of a comprehensive Honors Program,
- Prepares and administer budgets; allocates limited resources in a cost effective manner, secures alternative sources of funding as appropriate such as grants and other relevant sources,
- Monitors, evaluates, and modifies services and procedures to enhance the educational effectiveness of the Honors program and the capacity to meet student needs,
- Have a strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community,
- Develops innovative programs and services to meet the diverse needs and interests of the University and community,
- Prepares comprehensive narrative and statistical reports including management and analysis of data,
- Represents the University and the program in meetings with various educational, business, professional regulatory, and legislative organizations,
- Collaborates in the recruitment of new Honors professors and assists Honors professors in understanding Program policies and practices,
- Prepares clear and concise reports, correspondences, policies, procedures, and other written materials,
- Meets schedules and timelines and,
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership in orienting and advising Honors students, monitoring their adherence to basic requirements and their progress towards graduation, arranging interventions as needed,
- Communicates with internal and external communities about Honors Program activities, achievements, and opportunities,
- Supports marketing and recruitment efforts on campus and in high schools to recruit qualified students for Honors,
- Works with Admissions Office on the recruitment and admission of students into the Honors Program,
- Develops and implements plans to assess the effectiveness of the Honors Program,
- Fosters membership and participation in local, regional, and national Honors organizations, including the National Collegiate Honors Council,
- Coordinate co-curricular and extracurricular experiences that will nurture the talents and academic well-being of high achieving students and,
- Coordinates fundraising events/activities for the Honors Program
- Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum of five years of administrative and teaching experience at a four college/university
- Record of engaging undergraduate students in innovative and enriching educational experiences
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |