Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Alumni Relations
Alcorn State University
The Director of Alumni Relations (DAR) is a member of the Division of Institutional Advancement (DIA) team and is responsible for managing the Office of Alumni Affairs (OAA) by developing and implementing a comprehensive engagement program designed to provide meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, events and programs that cultivates and sustains alumni and student engagement that enhance loyalty, dedication, and support of Alcorn State University.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to work successfully in a high volume, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of an administrative, managerial, or professional field such as business administration, human resources, social sciences, communications, or education.
- Knowledge permits the employee to complete assignments by applying established methods to recurring types of projects/problems susceptible to well-documented precedents or to schedule, plan, and carry out precedented projects.
- Knowledge to carry out precedented projects requiring considerable experience in specific areas within higher education.
- Knowledge acquired through a combination of formal education and/or training and experience that includes a requirement for a college degree in a specific technical or professional specialty along with significant related work experience.
- Knowledge requirements generally also include a significant amount of related work experience and may include administrative or supervisory experience.
- Administer multiple budgets, staff, projects, and programs.
- Knowledge of higher education issues
- Familiarity with database management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker and ability to incorporate alumni relations principles into multiple projects and programs.
- Problem-solve and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to travel as needed and work varied hours.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides administrative management and oversight of the Office of Alumni Affairs
- Administers the liaison relationship between the University and the ASU National Alumni Association, Inc. and ASU National Alumni Association Foundation, Inc. board of directors and respective committees, and other partners and committees to plan and execute the vision and strategy of the University related to alumni engagement.
- Engages alumni in the life of the University through consistent and positive communication using electronic, digital media, print, and social media (ASU Magazine, Brave Beat newsletter, etc.
- Provides exceptional customer service and meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, and events and programs.
- Manages the student and young alumni engagement plans to build life-long connection and facilitate continued engagement and support for the University.
- Develops and manages an effective volunteer management system that supports the objective of engaging alumni in meaningful volunteer opportunities and serving as a source for alumni talent and resources for students, faculty, and staff.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships and programs with university units, including Admissions, Career Services, Parent and Family Programs, Athletics, Student Affairs, and academic schools and departments.
- Meets the needs of all constituencies during Homecoming/Alumni Reunion by serving on the committee that plans and executes relevant activities for alumni, students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Develops and executes plans and activities for alumni affinity groups (academic, special interest, professional affiliations, etc.), identifies and cultivates volunteer leadership, develops strategies for the success of each group, and supports their events and activities.
- Develops and executes promotional events and partnerships (Zoo Day, alumni nights with Professional sports teams, etc.) that raise the visibility of the University and the Alumni Association among constituents across the country.
- Identify and launch loyalty programs providing a benefit or service to alumni to cultivate volunteers and donors and generate income for alumni association programming.
- Oversee an alumni travel program to promote and encourage involvement with the University.
- Oversee the selection and distribution of several alumni association scholarship awards and awards that recognize outstanding alumni achievements.
- Works with the Manager of Advancement Services to ensure alumni records are current to help locate and connect with them.
- Manages the Alumni House Bed & Breakfast and Hall of Honor.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as directed by the supervisor.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Office of Alumni Affairs by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven years of progressively responsible work experience in university advancement and alumni relations operations, public relations, communications, marketing, or related efforts.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |