Assistant Director - Annual Giving
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Utah Valley University has the largest student enrollment among public universities in the state, approximately 40,000 students, and is one of a growing number of institutions in the nation offering an integrated dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college.
Under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving supports the planning, implementation, and continuation of comprehensive direct and e-marketing solicitation campaigns designed to expand a culture of engagement and philanthropy to the University. Additionally, the Assistant Director manages multiple donation platforms, oversees and stewards annual scholarships, and ensures proper movement of the donor pipeline and stewardship processes are complete.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Collaborate on the development and implementation of annual giving and long-term giving strategies designed to engage new donors, increase donor retention and participation, solidify stewardship plans and achieve metrics. Assist with developing comprehensive calendar of solicitation activities to manage project deadlines, incorporate appropriate messaging, segmentation, multi-channel delivery methods, ask amounts, timing and stewardship for the fiscal year for both employee giving and community campaigns.
2. Cultivate relationships with annual scholarship donors and assigned annual giving prospects and donors through on-on-one visits, digital platforms (email, phone calls, social media), and events. Track annual scholarships to ensure donors are contacted on a regular basis to secure new/annual gift(s), invited to events, and stewarded properly.
3. Collaborate with and mentor Directors of Development, campus partners, and Alumni Relations to develop campaign strategies that encompass the donor cycle: cultivation, solicitation, retention, and stewardship as well as ensure university policy is adhered to in receiving donations.
4. Collaborate with Marketing and Strategic Communications to create targeted solicitation content for direct and e-marketing campaigns. Assist with implementing innovative marketing strategies utilizing social media platforms to expand reach and target different audiences. Assist with multiple campus campaigns, such as President's Scholarship Ball, Women's Success Center Luncheon, PACE, Amazon Smile, employee giving, and others.
5. Perform other job-related duties as assigned. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree in Business, Communication, Public Relations, English, or a related field.
- Two years experience related to the Summary of Duties or a combination of education and/or experience totaling six years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of soliciting diverse groups and best practices for annual fund programs. Evidence of experience or significant professional development with a business, institutional advancement, nonprofit, or higher education focus.
Experience creating, writing, editing, and managing direct and digital cultivation and solicitation efforts, including direct mail, email, social media, and internet advertising, with demonstrated ability to successfully solicit and close annual fund gifts with clear metrics of success. Innovative, strategic thinker with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a strong work ethic, robust attention to detail, superb organizational skills and analytical abilities. Demonstrated ability to establish, cultivate and steward strong relationships with donors, alumni and friends of the institution.
Intrinsically motivated and able to create innovative ideas to achieve results. Recognizes and seizes opportunities. Ability to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively. Takes responsibility and initiative to set and meet goals, objectives and obligations while representing the mission, visions and values of the organization. Strong interpersonal skills and customer service. Poised, professional manner with the ability to express oneself clearly and empathetically in interactions with others in all forms of communications, verbal and written, one-on-one and group, etc. Ability to communicate in a direct and professional manner that engages dialogue in a manner that resolves differences. Demonstrated competency with a comprehensive and contemporary donor database system such as Blackbaud Raisers Edge.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $42,905 - $53,631
Advertisement Number: STA148322
Open Date: 06/28/2022
Review Start Date: 07/12/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/29294
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c55160e459bc7948a7d234ca9ffba1ac