An exciting opportunity to provide strategic and forward-thinking leadership for communications and marketing is available at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. We are looking for a creative leader who can develop awareness of the school’s brand and advance the reputation of the Jacobs School. In this position you will:
* Lead the communications team by enhancing and maturing the brand of the Jacobs School, in alignment with UB’s brand attributes and standards, and providing direction to communications staff within the school
* Work with Jacobs School senior leadership, University Communications and University Advancement to establish priorities and objectives for communications and marketing initiatives
* Assure that the Jacobs School's communications reflect its diverse student body and support initiatives aimed at increasing diversity, equity and inclusion within the school and the engagement of community members
* Develop, write, implement, and manage content across a range of channels and platforms
* Enhance the school’s digital communications and engagement and build a strong and impactful social media presence
* Guide and assist in the creation of digital, video, audio and print content
* Work with University Communications in its efforts establish relationships with local, national and international news media outlets in order to obtain prominent coverage of Jacobs School research, educational initiatives and faculty experts
* Advise Jacobs School leadership on external and internal issues that could impact the school’s strategic goals and reputation
* Track engagement across various communications platforms and make data-driven decisions
* Create and manage a budget for communications team and ensure compliance
About the Jacobs School
From our founding as a medical school in 1846, to paving the way for future physicians, the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences builds upon its proud legacy of teaching, patient care and scientific discovery. Our mission is to advance health and wellness across the life span for the people of New York and the world through the education of tomorrow’s leaders in health care and biomedical sciences, innovative research and outstanding clinical care.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.