Financial Aid Counselor - Financial Aid/Scholarships
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Are you looking for opportunities to grow with Utah Valley University? Do you enjoy helping students succeed? Apply now to join our team!
UVU is seeking a financial aid counselor to advise students and parents regarding the available financial aid and the process of qualifying for aid. Researches information on available programs and procedures to establish eligibility and provide students and families options and alternatives for financing educational goals. Evaluates students' financial aid requests and award adjustments. Reviews financial aid files to ensure accuracy and compliance in awarding aid to students. Must be able to obtain access to Federal Government databases pertaining to federal student aid. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties; OR any combination of related education and/or experience totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to federal student aid, including needs analysis, eligibility assessment, and packaging strategies.
* Knowledge of federal student aid policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements.
* Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
* Knowledge of automated federal student aid management systems.
* Skills in office methods and techniques.
* Skills in developing presentations and informing those in financial need.
* Skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
* Skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc..
* Ability to obtain accesses to federal government databases pertaining to federal student aid.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems in an effective and professional manner.
* Ability to work independently and to organize a heavy workload.
* Ability to operate office equipment, computers, and computer software applications.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals to meet their needs.
* Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy for all job responsibilities.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelors degree in Business Management or Behavioral Science or related field plus one year of experience related to the Summary of Duties or any combination of education and/or experience related to the Summary of Duties totaling five years. Spanish speaking is preferred.
General office environment with extended periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $35,568- $44,460
Advertisement Number: STA158122
Open Date: 08/01/2022
Review Start Date:
Close Date: 8/15/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those who apply on or before the "review start date." The position is subject to close at any time.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/29683
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.